Tucson Waldorf School
- The Tucson Waldorf School provides a Pre-K to Grade 8 Waldorf curriculum designed to graduate students capable of meeting the challenges of tomorrow's world. Our graduates have a track-record of excelling and distinguishing themselves in High School, College, and beyond.
- Our school is committed to an engaging educational experience with a full introduction to the classics, foreign languages, history, geography, mathematics, science, music, art and more.
- Waldorf's time-tested pedagogy is attuned to the unique stages of childhood.
|School Type||School with Special Program Emphasis|
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||Association of Waldorf Schools of North America|
Waldorf Early Childhood Association of North America
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-8|
|Summer School Offered||Yes|
|Total Students||248 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 41%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||25 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||10:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree|
|Average Class Size||14 students|
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual|
(see parent handbook/call school)
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||Feb. 15 / rolling|
|% on Financial Aid|
National avg.: 85%
- Tucson Waldorf School provides age-appropriate content that nourishes the healthy growth of the child. Mathematics, languages, literature & history, science & geography, music, handwork, gardening, and woodwork are subjects students learn about through an experiential approach. Through each experience in the Waldorf classroom, students cultivate and expand their intellectual, emotional, physical and spiritual capacities. These capacities lead them to becoming individuals who are rooted in their strengths while remaining open and curious to the infinite possibilities of this life.
- In Waldorf education, the teacher progresses with a given group of students from first to eighth grade. Every morning teachers greet students with a handshake and make eye contact before the students enter the classroom in order to establish a connection each new day. By carrying a class through the grades, class teachers look back on all his or her students` previous learning experiences and build step by step on this foundation to endow his or her teaching with real unity. Primary school age children, who are very sensitive to readjustments and changes, are given the security of knowing one personality and method intimately and thoroughly.
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Tucson Grades: K-10 | 139 students
8725 E Speedway Blvd
Tucson, AZ 85710
(520)731-2100 7 K-10
- Tucson Grades: PK-8 | 72 students
2727 N Swan Rd
Tucson, AZ 85712
(520)318-3824 1.9 PK-8
- Tucson Grades: K-8 | 37 students
1200 N Santa Rosa Avenue
Tucson, AZ 85712
(520)795-0161 3.2 K-8
The Seattle area is home to many fine private schools as well as to major companies such as Microsoft, Boeing and Starbucks.
Religion is important to you. You want your children to be educated in a school where your religion matters.
The COVID-19 has turned our lives upside down. Sending your children back to school raises all sorts of concerns for their safety and education. We answer some of your questions here.