International School Of Tucson
5.00 (3 reviews)
International School Of Tucson Photo #7 - Dia de los Muertos - Day of the dead Mexican celebration 2018
- IST is dedicated to developing globally minded, internationally confident students through the delivery of a unique education in immersive language learning, cultural understanding, leadership and character development.
- Immersive language learning in four languages is supported by the Cambridge International Curriculum recognised worldwide as the International Gold standard.
|School Type||School with Special Program Emphasis|
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Association for the Education of Young Children|
National Association of Independent Schools (NAIS)
State or regional independent school association
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-8|
|Summer School Offered||Yes|
|Summer Program Cost Notes||Dependent on the number of days taken|
|Total Students||251 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 38%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||32 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||8:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree|
|Average Class Size||14 students|
|Classroom Dress Code||Formal|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Tuition Notes||Please see our website for tuition rates as they vary from Nursery through Middle School|
|% on Financial Aid|
|Admissions Director||Dawn Bryce|
|Total Sports Offered||5 sports|
|Sports||Cheering, Dance, Flag Football, Martial Arts, SoccerCheering, Dance,|
Flag Football, Martial Arts,
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||7 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Club or Organization:|
Art Club, Gardening Club, Lego Club, Math Club, Science Club
Arts and Music Programs:
Choir and media club, music lessons
- The International School of Tucson is a leading International School committed to offering the Tucson community an unequaled world class international education. We believe that we are the only school in the United States that offer an immersion language program in four languages combined with one of the worlds best curriculum. Our unique curriculum offers a full language immersion in Spanish, Chinese, French and German in the Preschool and a dual immersion in Spanish, Chinese, French and German in the Junior School. We are a non-profit making, non-selective, co-educational school that provides a comprehensive and well-balanced education to children of wide ranging abilities. We emphasize learning-to-learn skills, citizenship and preparation for a successful life in an inter-cultural world. We provide a stimulating, challenging yet supportive environment for a student body of over 20 nationalities.
- A good education is the best legacy you can leave your child and IST understands that with the world becoming a global village, education should enhance a child`s ability to excel anywhere in the world. With this in mind, we strive to educate young people to become leaders who will be at the forefront of the rapid economic and social development sweeping through the world. The demands of living and working in a global economic community necessitates adaptable and flexible young people with the skill-set, knowledge and character to contribute and shape the future and meet the many challenges that lie ahead.
- International School of Tucson has, therefore, developed a curriculum that is full of experiences, activities and opportunities which will nurture young people who are well-rounded and capable young men and women. All students will be entitled to receive high quality international education that not only caters for their diverse intellectual needs, but also guarantees that their physical, emotional, social and health needs are met.
- Every graduate of our school is a bilingual, bi-literate global citizen and is well placed for future educational progression anywhere in the world.
- We look forward to welcoming you to our school to show you how we strive to open the world to our students.
Profile last updated:
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Tucson Grades: K-10 | 139 students
8725 E Speedway Blvd
Tucson, AZ 85710
(520)731-2100 8.2 K-10
- Tucson Grades: PK-7 | 133 students
7801 E Kenyon Drive
Tucson, AZ 85710
(520)792-7070 7.4 PK-7
I have had my children in the school for five and a half years. They have gone through the infant program all the way to second grade (currently). We couldn't be happier with the school. Academics are excellent, language immersion is superb, and the teachers and staff are exceptional. Small classes and multiple after school activities in addition to art, music, and physical education programs contribute to our children's educational experience being very well rounded. Aside from the amazing amazing community as a whole, one of my favorite aspects of IST is the love of learning that is promoted throughout every class at every age. It is a wonderful school and I highly recommend it.
- Posted by Parent - Spanish Program Parent
I have recently started two sons at this school in Grade 2, one in French and the other in Spanish. The tuition is excellent from native speakers and already my sons are conversing in basic language. Many of their class (of 12) are bilingual having been in immersion since preschool. The curriculum is very strong and taught by experienced international teachers. After school clubs are awesome. Overall this is an outstanding school built on language, fun and academics.
- Posted by Parent - Julie Brown
My two children have been in the school since kindergarten and have progressed superbly well. Both have progressed incredibly well and have become bilingual. They are both on course for early graduation. Thanks IST
- Posted by Parent - Cynnamon
Do you think your son has a learning disability? Not sure what to do? A special needs school might be the way to go.
You thought everything was set. The test scores were excellent. She had glowing teacher recommendations. The visit and the interview went well. But the school didn't accept your child. What do you do now?
We look at several ways you can use to search for private schools. Whether you are beginning the search process for a school for your child or just want to find out more about particular schools, we offer some tips and tricks to make searching more efficient.