International School Of Tucson
- The International School of Tucson seeks to provide all its students with : Education for an International Community and International-mindedness. We use the Cambridge International curriculum along with Language Immersion ("Bilingualism") programs in four langauges from Preschool through to final grade to meet international language standards.
|School Type||School with Special Program Emphasis|
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Association for the Education of Young Children|
National Association of Independent Schools (NAIS)
State or regional independent school association
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-8|
|Summer School Offered||Yes|
|Summer Program Cost Notes||Dependent on the number of days taken|
|Total Students||226 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 38%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||32 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||7:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree|
|Average Class Size||14 students|
|Classroom Dress Code||Formal|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Tuition Notes||Please see our website for tuition rates as they vary from Nursery through Middle School|
|% on Financial Aid|
|Admissions Director||Dawn Bryce|
|Total Sports Offered||6 sports|
|Sports||Basketball, Cheering, Dance, Flag Football, Martial Arts, SoccerBasketball, Cheering,|
Dance, Flag Football,
Martial Arts, Soccer,
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||8 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Club or Organization:|
Art Club, Gardening Club, Lego Club, Math Club, Science Club
Arts and Music Programs:
Choir and media club, music lessons
Recreational Athletic Programs:
- The International School of Tucson is a leading International School committed to offering the Tucson community an unequaled world class international education. Our unique curriculum offers a full language immersion in Spanish, Chinese, French and German in the Preschool and a dual immersion in Spanish, Chinese, French and German in the Junior School. It is a non-profit making, non-selective, co-educational school that provides a comprehensive and well-balanced education to children of wide ranging abilities. We emphasize learning-to-learn skills, citizenship and preparation for a successful life in an inter-cultural world. We provide a stimulating, challenging yet supportive environment for a student body of over 20 nationalities.
- A good education is the best legacy you can leave your child and IST understands that with the world becoming a global village, education should enhance a child`s ability to excel anywhere in the world. With this in mind, we strive to educate young people to become leaders who will be at the forefront of the rapid economic and social development sweeping through the world. The demands of living and working in a global economic community necessitates adaptable and flexible young people with the skill-set, knowledge and character to contribute and shape the future and meet the many challenges that lie ahead.
- International School of Tucson has, therefore, designed a curriculum that is full of a whole range of experiences, activities and opportunities which will nurture young people who are well-rounded and capable young men and women. All students will be entitled to receive high quality international education that not only caters for their diverse intellectual needs, but also guarantees that their physical, emotional, social and health needs are met.
- Every graduate of our school is a bilingual, bi-literate global citizen and is well placed for future educational progression anywhere in the world.
- We look forward to welcoming you to our school to show you how we strive to open the world to our students.
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Tucson Grades: K-10 | 139 students
8725 E Speedway Blvd
Tucson, AZ 85710
(520)731-2100 8.2 K-10
- Tucson Grades: PK-8 | 71 students
2727 N Swan Rd
Tucson, AZ 85712
(520)318-3824 3.2 PK-8
- Tucson Grades: K-8 | 280 students
9415 E. Wrightstown
Tucson, AZ 85715
(520)885-4800 9.1 K-8
Your school's website and your social media sites are essential tools in your marketing program.
Choosing the right private school for your child is a lengthy process. I want you to achieve the success which you deserve without making these common mistakes other parents have made.
We identify changes in The Tax Cuts and Jobs Act of 2017 which impact not-for-profit private schools.