International School Of Tucson
- The International School of Tucson seeks to provide all its students with : Education for an International CommunityInternational-mindednessInternational standardsLanguage ImmersionDual Immersion ("Bilingualism")BiliteracyElements of BiculturalismValues for a Global SocietyAppreciationEmpathyCommitmentEnthusiasmConfidenceIndependenceCo-operationIntegrityCreativityRespectCuriosityTolerance.
|School Type||School with Special Program Emphasis|
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Association for the Education of Young Children|
State or regional independent school association
Other school association(s)
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-8|
|Learning Difference Programs||Yes|
|Total Students||202 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 32%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||28 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||7:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree|
|Average Class Size||13 students|
|Classroom Dress Code||Formal|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Tuition Notes||Please see our website for tuition rates as they vary from Nursery through Middle School|
|% on Financial Aid|
|Admissions Director||Sue Clement|
|Total Sports Offered||4 sports|
|Sports||Basketball, Cheering, Dance, SoccerBasketball, Cheering,|
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||7 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Art Club, basketball, Chinese Panda Club, Gardening Club, Math Club, music lessons, Science Club Art Club, basketball, Gardening Club, Math Club, music lessons, Science Club, Chinese Panda Club,|
- The International School of Tucson is a leading International School committed to offering the Tucson community an unequaled world class international education. Our unique curriculum offers a full language immersion in Spanish, Chinese, French and German in the Preschool and a dual immersion in Spanish, Chinese, French and German in the Junior School. It is a non-profit making, non-selective, co-educational school that provides a comprehensive and well-balanced education to children of wide ranging abilities. We emphasize learning-to-learn skills, citizenship and preparation for a successful life in an inter-cultural world. We provide a stimulating, challenging yet supportive environment for a student body of over 20 nationalities.
- A good education is the best legacy you can leave your child and IST understands that with the world becoming a global village, education should enhance a child`s ability to excel anywhere in the world. With this in mind, we strive to educate young people to become leaders who will be at the forefront of the rapid economic and social development sweeping through the world. The demands of living and working in a global economic community necessitates adaptable and flexible young people with the skill-set, knowledge and character to contribute and shape the future and meet the many challenges that lie ahead.
- International School of Tucson has, therefore, designed a curriculum that is full of a whole range of experiences, activities and opportunities which will nurture young people who are well-rounded and capable young men and women. All students will be entitled to receive high quality international education that not only caters for their diverse intellectual needs, but also guarantees that their physical, emotional, social and health needs are met. All of this happens in a purpose built school that offers world class teaching facilities.
- Every graduate of our school is a bilingual, bi-literate global citizen and is well placed for future educational progression anywhere in the world.
- We look forward to welcoming you to our school to show you how we strive to open the world to our students.
Profile last updated: 05/20/2016
- People that viewed International School Of Tucson also viewed these schools: Desert Christian Schools.