International School Of Tucson
- The International School of Tucson seeks to provide all its students with : Education for an International CommunityInternational-mindednessInternational standardsLanguage ImmersionDual Immersion ("Bilingualism")BiliteracyElements of BiculturalismValues for a Global SocietyAppreciationEmpathyCommitmentEnthusiasmConfidenceIndependenceCo-operationIntegrityCreativityRespectCuriosityTolerance.
|School Type||School with Special Program Emphasis|
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Association for the Education of Young Children|
State or regional independent school association
Other school association(s)
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-8|
|Learning Difference Programs||Yes|
|Summer School Offered||Yes|
|Total Students||202 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 33%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||28 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||7:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree|
|Average Class Size||13 students|
|Classroom Dress Code||Formal|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Tuition Notes||Please see our website for tuition rates as they vary from Nursery through Middle School|
|% on Financial Aid|
|Admissions Director||Sue Clement|
|Total Sports Offered||4 sports|
|Sports||Basketball, Cheering, Dance, SoccerBasketball, Cheering,|
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||7 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Club or Organization:|
Art Club, Chinese Panda Club, Gardening Club, Math Club, Science Club
Arts and Music Programs:
Recreational Athletic Programs:
- The International School of Tucson is a leading International School committed to offering the Tucson community an unequaled world class international education. Our unique curriculum offers a full language immersion in Spanish, Chinese, French and German in the Preschool and a dual immersion in Spanish, Chinese, French and German in the Junior School. It is a non-profit making, non-selective, co-educational school that provides a comprehensive and well-balanced education to children of wide ranging abilities. We emphasize learning-to-learn skills, citizenship and preparation for a successful life in an inter-cultural world. We provide a stimulating, challenging yet supportive environment for a student body of over 20 nationalities.
- A good education is the best legacy you can leave your child and IST understands that with the world becoming a global village, education should enhance a child`s ability to excel anywhere in the world. With this in mind, we strive to educate young people to become leaders who will be at the forefront of the rapid economic and social development sweeping through the world. The demands of living and working in a global economic community necessitates adaptable and flexible young people with the skill-set, knowledge and character to contribute and shape the future and meet the many challenges that lie ahead.
- International School of Tucson has, therefore, designed a curriculum that is full of a whole range of experiences, activities and opportunities which will nurture young people who are well-rounded and capable young men and women. All students will be entitled to receive high quality international education that not only caters for their diverse intellectual needs, but also guarantees that their physical, emotional, social and health needs are met. All of this happens in a purpose built school that offers world class teaching facilities.
- Every graduate of our school is a bilingual, bi-literate global citizen and is well placed for future educational progression anywhere in the world.
- We look forward to welcoming you to our school to show you how we strive to open the world to our students.
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Tucson Grades: NS-5 | 276 students
3225 N Craycroft Rd
Tucson, AZ 85712
(520)795-0008 4.3 NS-5
- Tucson Grades: PK-12 | 464 students
7525 E Speedway Blvd
Tucson, AZ 85710
(520)901-5499 6.7 PK-12
- Tucson Grades: K-12 | 45 students
6625 N 1st Ave
Tucson, AZ 85718
(520)297-7278 5.6 K-12
- Tucson Grades: K-6 | 108 students
7801 E Kenyon Drive
Tucson, AZ 85710
(520)792-7070 7.4 K-6
- Tucson Grades: K-8 | 280 students
9415 E. Wrightstown
Tucson, AZ 85715
(520)885-4800 9.1 K-8
June 20, 2018
You would think it would be easier to get your child into an elementary or primary school than into a prep school. But in fact it is almost as complicated.
June 07, 2018
If you have the chance to move overseas, don't worry about educating your children. You have several options.
May 10, 2018
Sending your child to a single-sex school is one of several options you have when it comes to private schools.