The Gregory School
- The Gregory School is an independent, nonsectarian, coed day school for grades 5 -12.
- The Gregory School is a community of learners, led by a dedicated faculty, which seeks to admit qualified students whose character, citizenship and academic abilities will contribute to and benefit from a rigorous educational program.
- The school strives to meet the needs of college-bound students while The Gregory School challenges its students to pursue excellence in character, scholarship and leadership.
- In this pursuit, The Gregory School strives to foster these guiding principles: character built on personal integrity, compassion and respect; disciplined scholarship grounded in intellectual curiosity, independent thought and effective communication; and the development of courageous, civil and responsible leadership.
- The goal of this pursuit is a lifelong commitment to learning and service to others.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Association of Independent Schools (NAIS)|
Independent Schools Association of the South West (ISAS)
|Grades Offered||Grades 5-12|
|Total Students||300 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 33%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||38 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||8:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree|
|Average Class Size||15 students|
|Number of AP Courses||13 courses|
|List of Courses Offered||Link to List of Courses|
|Advanced Courses||Biology, Calculus AB, Calculus BC, Chemistry, Computer Science, English Literature and Composition, European History, French Language and Culture, Physics C: Electricity and Magnetism/ Mechanics, Spanish Language and Culture, Spanish Literature and Culture, Statistics, US History|
|Average SAT score||1320|
|Average ACT score||27|
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$17,250|
|Tuition Notes||Fifth Grade: $9,775 Sixth Grade: $13,250 Seventh - Eighth Grades: $16,150|
|% on Financial Aid|
|Average Financial Aid Grant||$7,900|
|Admissions Director||Sarajane Trier|
|Total Sports Offered||10 sports|
|Sports||Basketball, Cross Country, Dance, Flag Football, Golf, Soccer, Swimming, Tennis, Track and Field, VolleyballBasketball, Cross Country,|
Dance, Flag Football,
Track and Field, Volleyball,
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||32 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Club or Organization:|
Middle School Chess Club, Middle School Diversity Club, Middle School Farmyard Club, Middle School Student Council, Middle School Yearbook, School Newspaper "The Gregorian Chant", Upper School Engineering Club, Upper School French Club, Upper School International Club, Upper School Literary Magazine, Upper School Math Club, Upper School Mock Trial, Upper School Robotics, Upper School Roots and Shoots, Upper School Science Olympiad, Upper School Student Council, Upper School Yearbook
Arts and Music Programs:
Art History, Beginning Band, Concert Band, Dance, Digital Design, Drama, Middle School Choir, Music History, Painting, Photography, Stagecraft, Studio Art, Theater Design, Theater Production, Upper School Choi
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Tucson Grades: 9-12 | 1136 students
1545 E Copper Street
Tucson, AZ 85719
(520)327-6581 4.4 9-12
- Tucson Grades: K-12
6000 N Camino De La Tierra
Tucson, AZ 85741
(520)297-2288 10.1 K-12
June 20, 2018
You would think it would be easier to get your child into an elementary or primary school than into a prep school. But in fact it is almost as complicated.
June 07, 2018
If you have the chance to move overseas, don't worry about educating your children. You have several options.
May 10, 2018
Sending your child to a single-sex school is one of several options you have when it comes to private schools.