Salpointe Catholic High School
- Since opening in 1950, Salpointe Catholic High School has enjoyed a distinguished reputation for its strong curriculum, competitive athletics, highly acclaimed fine arts, faith-strengthening religious program, and spirited cocurricular activities.
- Salpointe`s holistic, college-preparatory curriculum offers a premier STEM program, award-winning fine and performing arts, humanities, theology, competitive athletics, and wide-ranging co-curricular activities.
- Salpointe is a Carmelite school community where students grow into the leaders and role models of tomorrow, where faith, respect, responsibility, self-discipline, achievement, teamwork, social justice and tradition are learned.
Salpointe Catholic High School places among the top 20% of private schools in Arizona for:
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Catholic Educational Association (NCEA)|
|Religious Affiliation||Roman Catholic|
|Grades Offered||Grades 9-12|
|Summer School Offered||Yes|
|Total Students||1,270 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 41%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||95 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||13:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree|
|Average Class Size||24 students|
|Number of AP Courses||20 courses|
|List of Courses Offered||Link to List of Courses|
|Advanced Courses||Art History, Biology, Calculus AB, Calculus BC, Chemistry, English Language & Composition, English Literature & Composition, French Language, Latin: Vergil, Macroeconomics, Micro & Macro Economics, Microeconomics, Physics C, Spanish Language, Spanish Literature, Statistics, Studio Art: 2D Design, Studio Art: 3D Design, U.S. Government & Politics, U.S. History, World History|
|Average SAT score||1270|
|Average ACT score||24|
|Matriculation DataMatric. Data||Link to Matriculation Data|
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual|
(The student dress code is important to promote a conducive learning environment. Students are expected to dress appropriately while on campus and during all school-sponsored activities.)
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||Jan. 20 / Mar. 1 / rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$10,550|
|Tuition Notes||The tuition for the 2021-2022 school year will be updated in January 2020. Please visit www.salpointe.org for more information.|
|% on Financial Aid|
|Average Financial Aid Grant||$3,500|
National avg.: 85%
|Admissions Director||Michael Fisher|
|Total Sports Offered||17 sports|
|Sports||Baseball, Basketball, Cheering, Cross Country, Dance, Diving, Football, Golf, Lacrosse, Rugby, Soccer, Softball, Swimming, Tennis, Track and Field, Volleyball, WrestlingBaseball, Basketball,|
Cheering, Cross Country,
Track and Field, Volleyball,
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||26 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||American Appreciation Club, Art Club, Book Club, Community of Optimistic Lancers (C.O.O.L.), Crossing the Goal Club, Dignity Club, Drama Club/Thespian Troupe, Engineering Club, Fashion in Action Club, French Club, Integrity Matters Club, Junior Statesmen of America Club, Model United Nations, National Honor Society, Outdoor Adventure, Quill and Scroll, Recycling Club, SADD, Salpointe Cancer Research Awareness Program, Salpointe Salsa, Science Club, Speech and Debate, Student Athletic Trainers, Student Council and Senate, Ultimate Frisbie Club, Unity Club|
- Mission Statement
- Salpointe Catholic is a college-preparatory high school in the Carmelite tradition of prayer, community, and service. We offer our diverse student/parent population a holistic education which fosters faith, encourages the pursuit of excellence, develops servant leaders, affirms the dignity of individuals, and promotes global social justice.
- Salpointe Catholic offers a holistic model of education that emphasizes an integration of the spiritual, intellectual, moral, physical, psychological, and social development of our students.
- Carmelite Charism
- Dedicated to excellence and responding to the challenges of our times, our Carmelite schools offer a college preparatory, Christian education in a Catholic environment. We provide a holistic model of education, emphasizing the spiritual, intellectual, moral, physical, and social development of our students.
- The teaching of Catholic social justice across the curriculum is a key element of a Catholic, Carmelite school. Carmelite education is not exclusive but provides the opportunity for all of God`s people to become a part of the community, respecting the economic and educational realities of the school.
- In the spirit of the Gospel and in the Carmelite tradition, the schools engage the students in three interlocking dimensions: community, prayer, and service.
- Carmelite schools are committed to educate students of diverse economic, cultural, religious, racial, and ethnic backgrounds.
- Carmelite schools, as provincial ministries, have the support of the members of the Province.
Profile last updated:
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Tucson Grades: K-8 | 378 students
4725 E Pima Street
Tucson, AZ 85712
(520) 991-9241 3.4 K-8
- Tucson Grades: K-10 | 139 students
8725 E Speedway Blvd
Tucson, AZ 85710
(520) 731-2100 8.5 K-10