Green Fields School
5.00 (3 reviews)
- K-12 independent college-preparatory school Small class sizes and individualized attention from teachers
- Project and inquiry based learning AP courses offered in High School Individualized college counseling
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Association of Independent Schools (NAIS)|
|Grades Offered||Grades Kindergarten-12|
|Learning Difference Programs||Yes|
|Learning Programs Supported||Academic Coach position supports all college capable learning differences|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||27 teachers|
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree|
|Average Class Size||12 students|
|Number of AP Courses||12 courses|
|Advanced Courses||AP Biology, AP Calculus AB, AP Calculus BC, AP Environmental Science, AP French Language, AP Literature, AP Music Theory, AP Physics, AP Psychology, AP Spanish Language, AP US History, US Government & Politics|
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$15,600|
|Tuition Notes||Financial Assistance available|
|% on Financial Aid|
|Admissions Director||Rebecca Cordier|
|Total Sports Offered||8 sports|
|Sports||Baseball, Basketball, Flag Football, Soccer, Softball, Tennis, Track and Field, VolleyballBaseball, Basketball,|
Flag Football, Soccer,
Track and Field, Volleyball,
- Green Fields School has been helping prepare students to succeed at the best colleges in the nation and in life, since 1933. We have a proud tradition of excellence, and a teaching philosophy of experiential learning with hands-on projects that go well beyond the classroom to truly inspire our students - and teach them to think differently, critically and responsibly.Our class sizes are small, and our curriculum both innovative and comprehensive. Our faculty is equally exceptional. Talented teachers encourage students to explore their passions and potential in academics, the arts and athletics, as well as through programs like Senior Masterwork, Beyond Boundaries and Issue Day.As Tucson`s first independent K-12 school, Green Fields has built a caring community of students, teachers, and parents. Our historic buildings beautifully serve the academic, creative, and fitness needs of 21st century learning. Our campus sets the stage for an exceptional education that creates confident, curious, academically independent students.
Profile last updated:
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Tucson Grades: K-12
5870 East 14th Street
Tucson, AZ 85711
(520)300-6103 12 K-12
- Tucson Grades: K-10 | 139 students
8725 E Speedway Blvd
Tucson, AZ 85710
(520)731-2100 14.6 K-10
- Tucson Grades: 9-12 | 1220 students
1545 E Copper Street
Tucson, AZ 85719
(520)327-6581 6.7 9-12
Loved Green Fields, beautiful campus and teachers are the best. The classes are also small, my graduating class was only 15 students! It was really great and the college counseling helped me get into a really good college. Best school in Tucson -- worth it.
- Posted by Student/Alumni - GF Alumna
Green Fields has been an environment where my 2 children have gained confidence enough to advocate for themselves during interactions with peers as well as adults. The learning structure involves overlap with the older and younger students so all groups get familiar with interactions outside of their own social circle and even age range. The campus is unique in that there is lots of outdoor green space to have outdoor classes or just stretch your legs. There is a pool, track, soccer field, and a large grassy space in the middle of the campus. There is also a performance stage where students practice public performance from kindergarten on up. The sports program is very inclusive and has a strong emphasis on sportsmanship and working hard.
- Posted by Parent - Parent - Middle and Lower school
Green Fields is a wonderful place. Rich in history, diversity, and quality. Our kids are supported, our Parent Association is active, our sports are celebrated, and the academics are challenging and supportive. Our kids are learning to be good people, hard workers, and their efforts and successes are celebrated.
- Posted by Parent - Family of Four
You have just heard about a new private school opening soon in your area. Should you consider sending your child there? A look at the pros and cons of such a decision.
If you know the answers to all these questions, you probably teach or work in a private school. Be that as it may, these questions contain links with the answers.
As you evaluate schools, take time to explore fully what the schools which you are looking at teach.