Kino Learning Center
5.00 (2 reviews)
Kino Learning Center Photo #4 - Jennifer took photo students to The Domes" today in Casa Grande. They are an old abandoned group of surreal buildings that once housed an electronic company in the 80's. Everyone had a good time and took lots of pix!
- Kino is a progressive school that emphasizes community, responsibility, critical thinking, and creativity.
- Students learn that they are ultimately responsible for their own learning and that they are valuable members of both the school community and of the world around them.
|School Type||Alternative School|
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||Other school association(s)|
Western Association of Schools and Colleges (WASC)
|Grades Offered||Grades Kindergarten-12|
|Learning Difference Programs||Yes|
|Learning Programs Supported||Kino recognizes that everyone has a unique learning style|
|Total Students||53 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 38%
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||10 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||5:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree|
|Average Class Size||7 students|
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$8,800|
|Tuition Notes||$8800 Primary and elementary $9300 Junior high and high school|
- Kino is nationally recognized for innovative and progressive education, pioneering many of the teaching strategies promoted by education professionals:
- student responsibility and choice
- hands-on experiential learning
- multi-age groupings
- learning and writing across the curriculum
- frequent field trips
- a recognition that there are a wide variety of learning styles.
Profile last updated:
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Tucson Grades: K-6 | 32 students
510 S Highland Ave
Tucson, AZ 85719
(520)623-0104 7.7 K-6
- Tucson Grades: NS-8 | 150 students
3888 E River Rd
Tucson, AZ 85718
(520)529-3888 4.7 NS-8
- Lake Zurich Grades: PK-5 | 68 students
Lake Zurich, IL 60047
(847)634-0430 1429.2 PK-5
- Tucson Grades: K-12
5870 East 14th Street
Tucson, AZ 85711
(520)300-6103 9.4 K-12
- Tucson Grades: K-10 | 139 students
8725 E Speedway Blvd
Tucson, AZ 85710
(520)731-2100 11.1 K-10
Most important in education and in my child's education is building relationships. Students at Kino are fostered and cared for not only academically but also emotionally in the most positive way. This is best for creating happy healthy members of our society.
- Posted by Parent - Qjane
Kino School actually covers all grade levels through 12th Grade. The academic programs are unique in that they are truly designed around the students . I have 2 sons that attend, 7th and 9th graders, and they are learning and having fun at the same time. They go out on field trips all the time - since learning and life are one.
- Posted by Parent - flemi
A parent and I chat about finding the best school for her daughter. While the parent may be fictitious, her questions are quite typical of the kind of questions and concerns parents have when thinking about sending their children to private school.
If you have a child who sings, you might want to consider a choir school. In the United States, most of these schools are day schools.
We look at several ways you can use to search for private schools. Whether you are beginning the search process for a school for your child or just want to find out more about particular schools, we offer some tips and tricks to make searching more efficient.