Highland Free School
- Highland Free School provides a unique learning environment for parents and students looking for an alternative to public schools.
- Our non-profit school was founded upon educational principles that were, at the time, fresh and innovative.
- Concepts such as the “open classroom,” where students no longer had to sit in straight rows of desks, and “student-based curriculum” that eliminated standard textbooks in favor of educational programs based on a student's individual readiness and interests.
- We involved students and thier parents and tried to build a school community that would integrate the child's school life and family life.
- The educational philosophy at Highland Free School is based upon the fact that children are naturally inquisitive and excited by learning.
- Our goal is to keep that inquisitiveness alive. We do so by providing an environment in which students are free to explore, discover and learn at their own pace, supported by genuine interest and respect of their peers and teachers.
|School Type||Alternative School|
|Grades Offered||Grades Kindergarten-6|
|Total Students||32 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||3 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||11:1|
National avg.: 13:1
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Tucson Grades: K-12
5870 East 14th Street
Tucson, AZ 85711
(520)300-6103 4.9 K-12
- Tucson Grades: K-10 | 139 students
8725 E Speedway Blvd
Tucson, AZ 85710
(520)731-2100 8.6 K-10
- Tucson Grades: PK-8 | 72 students
2727 N Swan Rd
Tucson, AZ 85712
(520)318-3824 4.5 PK-8
Sometimes a regular school is not the right fit for a child. Perhaps she needs an alternative school.
What are the attributes which make 21st century military schools so special? We find out in this article.
If you are looking for a college preparatory education with a military emphasis, then take a look at military schools.