Highland Free School
- Highland Free School provides a unique learning environment for parents and students looking for an alternative to public schools.
- Our non-profit school was founded upon educational principles that were, at the time, fresh and innovative.
- Concepts such as the “open classroom,” where students no longer had to sit in straight rows of desks, and “student-based curriculum” that eliminated standard textbooks in favor of educational programs based on a student's individual readiness and interests.
- We involved students and thier parents and tried to build a school community that would integrate the child's school life and family life.
- The educational philosophy at Highland Free School is based upon the fact that children are naturally inquisitive and excited by learning.
- Our goal is to keep that inquisitiveness alive. We do so by providing an environment in which students are free to explore, discover and learn at their own pace, supported by genuine interest and respect of their peers and teachers.
|School Type||Alternative School|
|Grades Offered||Grades Kindergarten-6|
|Total Students||32 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||3 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||11:1|
National avg.: 13:1
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Tucson Grades: 2-9
5870 East 14th Street
Tucson, AZ 85711
(520)300-6103 4.9 2-9
- Tucson Grades: 1-12 | 38 students
2700 S 8th Avenue
Tucson, AZ 85713
(520)622-7611 2 1-12
It is illegal for an interviewer to ask certain questions at your job interview. Be aware of what they can and cannot ask you.
A Scholarship Funding Organization (SFO) is an organization which provides financial assistance for attendance at private school.
Not filling all the seats is a challenge many schools. Jason How offers some answers to common enrollment questions.