Highland Free School
- Highland Free School provides a unique learning environment for parents and students looking for an alternative to public schools.
- Our non-profit school was founded upon educational principles that were, at the time, fresh and innovative.
- Concepts such as the “open classroom,” where students no longer had to sit in straight rows of desks, and “student-based curriculum” that eliminated standard textbooks in favor of educational programs based on a student's individual readiness and interests.
- We involved students and thier parents and tried to build a school community that would integrate the child's school life and family life.
- The educational philosophy at Highland Free School is based upon the fact that children are naturally inquisitive and excited by learning.
- Our goal is to keep that inquisitiveness alive. We do so by providing an environment in which students are free to explore, discover and learn at their own pace, supported by genuine interest and respect of their peers and teachers.
|School Type||Alternative School|
|Grades Offered||Grades Kindergarten-6|
|Total Students||32 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||3 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||11:1|
National avg.: 13:1
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
April 20, 2018
Sending your children to a summer program or camp keeps them active in fun-filled settings. We explore your options.
April 19, 2018
We take a detailed look at the three popular early childhood methods to help you determine which one best suits your needs and requirements.
April 10, 2018
There's much more to running a small private school than offering great academics and teaching. Be sure to check under the hood regularly to make sure everything keeps running smoothly.