- Desert Skies is a growth it is a church committed to growth in spirit, mission outreach, membership nurturing, and enabling active compassion.
- Attendance, activities, involvement, innovative worship, outreach programming all characterize Desert Skies' identity.
- Starting with seven couples, including the founding pastor, Dr. Jerry Elrod and his wife Sharon, these pioneers began their first services in homes.
- As their numbers grew the people of Desert Skies erected a modular building, then a classroom, office, and fellowship complex and finally a sanctuary that celebrated its first worship service in June, 2001.
- Desert Skies developed an outstanding music program including an adult Choir of over 65 members; active UMM and UMW groups, an unparalleled Youth and Children's ministry, Disciples' Bible study and other in-depth studies that include nearly 20% of the active membership and a Flea Market that must be seen to be believed.
|School Type||Early Childhood / Day Care|
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-Kindergarten|
|Total Students||20 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 38%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||1 teacher|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||20:1|
National avg.: 13:1
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Tucson Grades: K-10 | 139 students
8725 E Speedway Blvd
Tucson, AZ 85710
(520)731-2100 12.5 K-10
- Tucson Grades: 6-12 | 40 students
2030 S Mission Road
Tucson, AZ 85713
(520)883-4999 15 6-12
- Tucson Grades: PK-7 | 133 students
7801 E Kenyon Drive
Tucson, AZ 85710
(520)792-7070 12.7 PK-7