- Desert Skies is a growth it is a church committed to growth in spirit, mission outreach, membership nurturing, and enabling active compassion.
- Attendance, activities, involvement, innovative worship, outreach programming all characterize Desert Skies' identity.
- Starting with seven couples, including the founding pastor, Dr. Jerry Elrod and his wife Sharon, these pioneers began their first services in homes.
- As their numbers grew the people of Desert Skies erected a modular building, then a classroom, office, and fellowship complex and finally a sanctuary that celebrated its first worship service in June, 2001.
- Desert Skies developed an outstanding music program including an adult Choir of over 65 members; active UMM and UMW groups, an unparalleled Youth and Children's ministry, Disciples' Bible study and other in-depth studies that include nearly 20% of the active membership and a Flea Market that must be seen to be believed.
|School Type||Early Childhood / Day Care|
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-Kindergarten|
|Total Students||20 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 38%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||1 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||20:1|
National avg.: 13:1
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Tucson Grades: K-10 | 139 students
8725 E Speedway Blvd
Tucson, AZ 85710
(520)731-2100 12.5 K-10
- Tucson Grades: 6-12 | 40 students
2030 S Mission Road
Tucson, AZ 85713
(520)883-4999 15 6-12
- Tucson Grades: PK-7 | 133 students
7801 E Kenyon Drive
Tucson, AZ 85710
(520)792-7070 12.7 PK-7
You have just heard about a new private school opening soon in your area. Should you consider sending your child there? A look at the pros and cons of such a decision.
If you know the answers to all these questions, you probably teach or work in a private school. Be that as it may, these questions contain links with the answers.
As you evaluate schools, take time to explore fully what the schools which you are looking at teach.