Tucson Hebrew Academy
- THA develops students who are highly skilled, creative and critical thinkers with a spirited love of learning and a strong Jewish identity.
Tucson Hebrew Academy places among the top 20% of private schools in Arizona for:
- Category Attribute
- Advanced Degrees Highest percentage of faculty with advanced degrees
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||AdvancED|
Pennsylvania Association of Independent Schools (PAIS)
|Grades Offered||Grades Kindergarten-8|
|Learning Difference Programs||Yes|
|Learning Programs Supported||a variety of learning differences are addressed through our Student Services department|
|Awards||Blue Ribbon School - Selected in 2005|
|Total Students||150 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||26 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||6:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree|
|Average Class Size||15 students|
|Matriculation DataMatric. Data||Link to Matriculation Data|
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Admissions Director||Julee Dawson|
|Admissions Associate||Julee Dawson|
|Total Sports Offered||4 sports|
|Sports||Basketball, Flag Football, Soccer, VolleyballBasketball, Flag Football,|
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||4 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||book club, Boys and girls basketball, soccer, volleyball|
- Core Values
- Children: We love our students and are committed to their growth and success. Developmentally appropriate, research-based teaching strategies and curricula are fundamentals. We educate the whole child at THA, balancing a rigorous academic program with Jewish values and experiences in the fine and performing arts, PE, technology, and more.
- Commitment to Excellence High expectations of students, staff, and faculty are fundamental to our philosophy and approach. We strive to ensure our graduates are prepared to excel in Tucson`s most challenging high schools.
- Community: We are a strong, warm and welcoming community. We ensure that all members of our school family are embraced and have a home at THA. Parent involvement is a hallmark of THA. Partnerships with local Jewish organizations and synagogues, and the greater community of Tucson, are critical components of our program.
- Living Judaism: Through study, prayer, Hebrew and celebrations of our traditions and heritage, the joy and pride of living Judaism thrives here. Our students obtain a strong moral compass, deep understanding of their roots, and the knowledge and inspiration for living a Jewish life and contributing to Jewish civilization.Supporting Israel We support Israel and foster close relationships with Israeli students and educators.
- Tikkun Olam: Healing the world is a central tenet of our belief system. Through a range of strategies including service learning opportunities at school and in the community, our students both understand and enact this essential value of making the world a better place.
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Lake Zurich Grades: PK-5 | 68 students
Lake Zurich, IL 60047
(847)634-0430 1428.8 PK-5
- Tucson Grades: K-10 | 139 students
8725 E Speedway Blvd
Tucson, AZ 85710
(520)731-2100 6.7 K-10
- Tucson Grades: PK-8 | 71 students
2727 N Swan Rd
Tucson, AZ 85712
(520)318-3824 1.6 PK-8