Tucson Hebrew Academy
Tucson Hebrew Academy Photo #2 - Tucson Hebrew Academy's science, technology, engineering, and math curricula provide students with a hands-on approach to their learning, beneficial to their futures regardless of career choices. Our students are guided by the spirit of discovery and excitement by professionals who excel in their industry.
- THA develops students who are highly skilled, creative and critical thinkers with a spirited love of learning and a strong Jewish identity.
Tucson Hebrew Academy places among the top 20% of private schools in Arizona for:
- Category Attribute
- Advanced Degrees Highest percentage of faculty with advanced degrees
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||AdvancED|
Pennsylvania Association of Independent Schools (PAIS)
|Grades Offered||Grades Nursery/Preschool-8|
|Learning Difference Programs||Yes|
|Learning Programs Supported||a variety of learning differences are addressed through our Student Services department|
|Awards||Blue Ribbon School - Selected in 2005|
|Total Students||150 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||26 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||6:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree|
|Average Class Size||15 students|
|Matriculation DataMatric. Data||Link to Matriculation Data|
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Admissions Director||Sha’ron Eden|
|Admissions Associate||Sha’ron Eden|
|Total Sports Offered||4 sports|
|Sports||Basketball, Flag Football, Soccer, VolleyballBasketball, Flag Football,|
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||4 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||book club, Boys and girls basketball, soccer, volleyball|
- Core Values
- Children: We love our students and are committed to their growth and success. Developmentally appropriate, research-based teaching strategies and curricula are fundamentals. We educate the whole child at THA, balancing a rigorous academic program with Jewish values and experiences in the fine and performing arts, PE, technology, and more.
- Commitment to Excellence High expectations of students, staff, and faculty are fundamental to our philosophy and approach. We strive to ensure our graduates are prepared to excel in Tucson`s most challenging high schools.
- Community: We are a strong, warm and welcoming community. We ensure that all members of our school family are embraced and have a home at THA. Parent involvement is a hallmark of THA. Partnerships with local Jewish organizations and synagogues, and the greater community of Tucson, are critical components of our program.
- Living Judaism: Through study, prayer, Hebrew and celebrations of our traditions and heritage, the joy and pride of living Judaism thrives here. Our students obtain a strong moral compass, deep understanding of their roots, and the knowledge and inspiration for living a Jewish life and contributing to Jewish civilization.Supporting Israel We support Israel and foster close relationships with Israeli students and educators.
- Tikkun Olam: Healing the world is a central tenet of our belief system. Through a range of strategies including service learning opportunities at school and in the community, our students both understand and enact this essential value of making the world a better place.
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Lake Zurich Grades: PK-5 | 68 students
Lake Zurich, IL 60047
(847)634-0430 1428.8 PK-5
- Tucson Grades: K-10 | 139 students
8725 E Speedway Blvd
Tucson, AZ 85710
(520)731-2100 6.7 K-10
- Tucson Grades: PK-8 | 72 students
2727 N Swan Rd
Tucson, AZ 85712
(520)318-3824 1.6 PK-8
You have just heard about a new private school opening soon in your area. Should you consider sending your child there? A look at the pros and cons of such a decision.
If you know the answers to all these questions, you probably teach or work in a private school. Be that as it may, these questions contain links with the answers.
As you evaluate schools, take time to explore fully what the schools which you are looking at teach.