Faith Community Academy
5.00 (2 reviews)
- At FCA, we are educating children in Christ-centered Faith, Service, and Academics for the glory of God.
- "The fear of the Lord is the beginning of wisdom, and the knowledge of the Holy One is understanding." Proverbs 9:10 Come visit us and see the great things that are happening at FCA!.
Faith Community Academy places among the top 20% of private schools in Arizona for:
- Category Attribute
- Advanced Degrees Highest percentage of faculty with advanced degrees
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||Association of Christian Schools International (ACSI)|
|Grades Offered||Grades Nursery/Preschool-6|
|Learning Difference Programs||Yes|
|Learning Programs Supported||mild learning differences within the mainstream classroom, tutoring|
|Total Students||139 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 41%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||10 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||14:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree|
|Average Class Size||16 students|
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual|
(uniform style, polo shirt and khaki or blue pants/shorts/skirts)
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$6,200|
|Tuition Notes||Tuition ranges from $1750 for 2-day preschool to $6200 for full day elementary. See our website for a more complete schedule of tuition and fees.|
|% on Financial Aid|
|Average Financial Aid Grant||$2,000|
|Admissions Director||Royce Nelsestuen|
|Admissions Associate||Stephanie Lewis|
|Total Sports Offered||3 sports|
|Sports||Basketball, Soccer, VolleyballBasketball, Soccer,|
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||3 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Arts and Music Programs:|
Recreational Athletic Programs:
- FCA Distinctives:
- Preschool through 6th grade
- Full day Kindergarten
- Music and PE programs for all levels
- Highly qualified prfessional faculty
- Before and After school care offered
- Welcome parent involvement
- Parent: "I really wanted an environment where the Word of God was the most important thing for forming my child's character. I will say that FCA regards the Word of God highly and puts it first. I also wanted my child in an environment of love. Even if my child needs to be corrected, there is always encouragement and love that follows. I really appreciate them and their love for my kids."
- Parent: "I love the teachers at FCA. They answer the phone by their first name. Immediately, I felt that they were just family. Whenever I have a problem or there is an issue, I feel like they can come to me and I can come to them and we can work through the issue. It's amazing that if I have a problem, I can just call of the principal and talk with her. She deals with issues as they come and she always uses the Word of God as her guide. I love this school and am so happy my girls are there! Also, Kathleen in the office is so awesome for always helping every family find the funds to make it happen for their child to go there. It is a group effort to get everyone the funds they need to continue on the journey. I love that. They always say if you have a heart to have your child go to a Christian school, God will assist you along the way and provide for you. So true!"
Profile last updated:
Nearby Private Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Tucson Grades: PK-K | 93 students
7570 N Thornydale Rd
Tucson, AZ 85741
(520)579-1453 2.1 PK-K
- Tucson Grades: NS-PK
7277 N Oldfather Dr
Tucson, AZ 85741
(520)744-3084 2.3 NS-PK
- Tucson Grades: PK-K | 115 students
1431 W Magee Rd
Tucson, AZ 85704
(520)797-2925 2.4 PK-K
- Tucson Grades: PK-K | 122 students
1220 W Magee Road
Tucson, AZ 85704
(520)742-6229 2.5 PK-K
All my kids grew up at FCA. They have such a strong foundation! Having such a sweet childhood experience helped us navigate the ups and downs of the teen and young adult years. Thank you, FCA, for loving my kids, teaching them the truth, and giving them a head start in life!
- Posted by Parent - long time parent
I just love fca! My son has grown so much since attending here. The staff is so wonderful and they treat you like family. I love the closeness you feel with the staff. The education he is getting here is outstanding. Compared to most kids his age he is ahead and advancing in every area. You can really feel the love of God in this school and in this community.
- Posted by Parent - dvanv
The Seattle area is home to many fine private schools as well as to major companies such as Microsoft, Boeing and Starbucks.
Religion is important to you. You want your children to be educated in a school where your religion matters.
The COVID-19 has turned our lives upside down. Sending your children back to school raises all sorts of concerns for their safety and education. We answer some of your questions here.