Greenville Sda School
The Greenville Seventh-day Adventist School family exists to show children Jesus, nurture their love for Him and others, teach them to think, and empower them to serve.
The Greenville Seventh-day Adventist School is operated by the Seventh-day Adventist Church to provide a spiritually oriented education for children.
A belief in the existence of the Creator God is fundamental in the philosophy of Seventh-day Adventist schools.
We respect His divine authority and recognize His intervention in human affairs.
We believe that true education develops the spiritual, mental, and physical powers of each student; preparing them for the joy of service in this life and for the higher joy of service in the life to come.
To achieve this goal, we encourage each student to develop a personal relationship with God and his fellow men as stated in Matthew, master the basic academic skills, value labor, physical and mental, as the, blessing God intended, cultivate physical fitness, mental ability, and moral purity as the blessing God intended.
Quick Stats (2023)
- Top Ranked SC School
- Grades: Prekindergarten-8
- Enrollment: 34 students
- Yearly Tuition: $3,750
- Average class size: 13 students
- Application Deadline: None / Rolling
- Source: Verified school update
Greenville Sda School ranks among the top 20% of private schools in South Carolina for:
Student Body Type
% Students of Color
State avg.: 17%
Students by Grade
Academics and Faculty
Total Classroom Teachers
Student : Teacher Ratio
National avg.: 13:1
% Faculty w/Advanced Degree
Average Class Size
Tuition and Acceptance Rate
None / Rolling
Yearly Tuition Cost
Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.
Career day, Chimes, Drama Club, fall fest, March Madness, Outdoor Ed (5th-8th), Puppets, School's Social Events, Week of Prayer
- Study Finds Adventist School Students' Performance Higher Than National Norm Washington, D.C.- Adventist Education, the educational division of the North American Seventh-day Adventist Church, recently released a report showing that, according to standardized achievement and ability tests, the students enrolled in Adevntist schools in the U.S. and Bermuda score on average a full half grade level higher than the national average and half a grade higher than their predicted ability. The report is part of an average four-year study, CognitiveGenesis, which is studying 30,000 students yearly, grades 3-9 and 11, enrolled in Adventist schools in North America. The study is being conducted at La Sierra University in Riverside,Calif., and is currently in its third year. Researchers are compiling the results of standardized tests as well as answers to survey questions in lifestyle and other factors related to academic achievement. "Our purpose is not to defend the educational system as it is, but to find out how well we are doing and what we can do to improve the educational experience of our children," said Dr. Elissa Kido, study project manager. The study has also found that the longer a student studies in an Adventist school, the more average achievement increases. About Adventist Education- Founded in 1877, Adventist Education is the second largest denominational educational system in the world, second only to Catholic schools. Adventist Education curriculum was developed to teach students not only to excel academically, but to develop healthy bodies and thriving spiritual lives. In Bermuda, Canada and the U.S., 4,700 teachers instruct over 55,000 students in nearly 1,000 Adventist K-12 schools and 15 colleges and universities. About Seventh-day Adventist- The Seventh-day Adventist church grew in the mid 1840s during the Second Great Awakening, a time of religious revival in the United States. Its first members came from the Methodist, Presbyterian, and Baptist congregations, but over the following decades the denomination has grown into a worldwide church with millions of members. The church focuses on healthcare, education, and human service activities. There is at least one Adventist healthcare center in many major metropolitan areas in North America, including Florida Hospital, regarded the busiest hospital system in the U.S. Adventists are also active providing schools and hospitals where they are needed around the world. Today the worlwide Adventist Church has over 15 million members in more than 200 countries. Adventists operate 7200+ schools worldwide with nearly 1.5 million students. They also run 168 hospitals worldwide, 138 nursing homes and retirement centers, 442 clinics and dispensaries, and 34 orphanages and children's homes. In addition, the Adventist Development and Relief Agency (ADRA) International, a disaster relief organization, funds over 2,400 projects in 112 countries.
Source: Verified school update
Frequently Asked Questions
How much does Greenville Sda School cost?
Greenville Sda School's tuition is approximately $3,750 for private students.
What is Greenville Sda School's ranking?
Greenville Sda School ranks among the top 20% of private schools in South Carolina for: Least expensive tuition, Highest percentage of students of color and Oldest founding date.
When is the application deadline for Greenville Sda School?
The application deadline for Greenville Sda School is rolling (applications are reviewed as they are received year-round).
The quality of the academic program prepared me for everystep in my educational process. I have maintained 3.5 GPA and higher through obtaining my college degree. I was well prepared for higher education. My teachers have given me support and have kept up with my me even after I left their classroom. Going into a Master's program, I am still receiving support and encouragement from my first grade teacher and other teachers. The support never goes away. There has never been issues of bullying as we hear about in the news now. Students matter and are important to the school staff. I highly recomment this school.
This is an excellent school with small class sizes and well-qualified teachers. Progressive, award-winning curriculum given by award-winning school. This school was named an Adventist Edge School of Excellence in 2012. They even offer 3 days free to check them out!!!! Family feel with professionally delivered education.
Endorse Greenville Sda School. Endorsements should be a few sentences in length. Please include any comments on:
- Quality of academic programs, teachers, and facilities
- Availability of music, art, sports and other extracurricular activities
- Academic or athletic awards
Children With Learning Differences: How To Proceed
Facing the reality that your child has learning differences is never easy. But with a diagnosis from a qualified professional, and skilled experienced teachers who know how to remediate those differences, your child can learn to handle her differences. More here.
Enrichment Resources For Children Ages 10-14
I asked ChatGPT to list apps, YouTube Channels, and podcasts suitable for enriching the studies of students ages 10-14. (We'll look at resources for younger and older students in another article.)
February 13, 2023Designing Assignments In The ChatGPT Era
AI (Artificial Intelligence), specifically ChatGPT, poses some serious challenges for teachers. We explore the importance of teaching students how to attribute the work and ideas of others.