5.00 (1 review)
Tel: (864) 235-3010
Haynsworth School Mission Statement Haynsworth is an independent private school that provides an exemplary academic program for qualified children, grades K-3 through Fifth Grade, in a stimulating and nurturing environment, establishing the foundation for successful secondary education.
Opportunities are provided for each child to develop an active and creative mind and to cultivate confidence and a positive self-image through enriching experiences in the classroom, fine arts, foreign language, technology and physical education.
Haynsworth School places among the top 20% of private schools in South Carolina for:
- Category Attribute
- Advanced Degrees Highest percentage of faculty with advanced degrees
- School History Oldest founding date
|School Type||Alternative School|
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-1|
|Summer School Offered||Yes|
|Total Students||89 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 14%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||2 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||45:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree|
|Average Class Size||10 students|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Admissions Director||Holly Mitchell|
- Curriculum Highlights Pre-Kindergarten through Kindergarten The curriculum at the Pre-Kindergarten and Kindergarten level is specifically designed for the developing child. Concepts are introduced through learning centers, group activities and teacher directed activities. Age appropriate hands-on experiences are offered to encourage growth in the areas of academic, social, emotional and physical development. Grades One through Fifth Haynsworth School's challenging, interdisciplinary academic program utilizes the latest texts and additional resources to provide a strong foundation in language arts, mathematics, social studies, science, reading and writing. Emphasis is placed on independent study skills, a mastery of basic concepts, enrichment and character development.
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Greenville Grades: PK-1 | 86 students
7 Shannon Dr
Greenville, SC 29615
(864) 268-5028 3.2 PK-1
- Greenville Grades: PK-K | 61 students
10 N Church St
Greenville, SC 29601
(864) 233-7612 0.5 PK-K
The teachers provide excellent curriculum that helps our child excel in and beyond their age group. The individual care, concern, and love the administration has for each student is what separates Haynsworth from any other choice. My most valuable possession is most entrusted with these folks.
- Posted by Parent - JK
Sending your child to a single-sex school is one of several options you have when it comes to private schools.
Each state sets its own teacher certification requirements. While many private schools do not require you to be certified, it is in your best interests to obtain certification. This article includes contact information for state education offices so you can begin the process.
Marketing the small private school can be done affordably and effectively. We suggest five easy steps to make that happen.