Growing Concern School
- The Growing Concern is a Non-profit Private Academic School Licensed by the Pennsylvania Department of Education.
- Established in 1978, we have been using the Montessori Method of Educating Children Ages 3 to 10 for more than 35 years.
- The Growing Concern School serves the Pocono Mountains Region of Northeast Pennsylvania including Monroe County, Pike County, Carbon County, Northampton County, as well as the Lehigh Valley and Western New Jersey. Elementary and kindergarten students are eligible for transportation from the Pocono Mountain, Stroudsburg, East Stroudsburg, and Pleasant Valley School Districts.
|School Type||Montessori School|
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||Other Montessori association(s)|
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-5|
|Total Students||49 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 22%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||3 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||16:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|Average Class Size||25 students|
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
Profile last updated:
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Cresco Grades: PK-8 | 247 students
212 Route 390
Cresco, PA 18326
(570)595-7463 9.4 PK-8
- East Stroudsburg Grades: PK-6 | 231 students
78 Ridgeway St
East Stroudsburg, PA 18301
(570)421-3651 9.4 PK-6
- Stroudsburg Grades: NS-PK | 176 students
915 N 5th Street
Stroudsburg, PA 18360
(570)420-0706 8.6 NS-PK
Signs that your school might be failing don't suddenly appear all at once like a flashing neon sign. Instead, they appear gradually over weeks, months, and years. We explore the warning signs and offer some suggestions to mitigate them.
The SSAT’s questions are different than questions on other standardized tests. Make sure you learn about the best SSAT test prep programs out there.
Bullying lurks everywhere. Learn the warning signs and how to protect your child.