- Top Ranked FL School
- Grades: Prekindergarten-8
- Enrollment: 380 students
- Application Deadline: None / Rolling
- Source: National Center for Education Statistics (NCES)
Academics and Faculty
Tuition and Acceptance Rate
- Holy Rosary is a Catholic School that began as a parish school, the early history of Holy Rosary School and Church are integrally related. Holy Rosary Church is the fifth oldest parish in Jacksonville. It began as a simple mission chapel erected in 1915 to care for the Catholics in the Springfield area. In October 1921 Holy Rosary became an independent parish and its newly appointed pastor, Fr. Dennis Lyons, initiated plans for a new church to be built on the corner of Laura and Cottage Streets. Holy Rosary Catholic School was faced with the possibility of closing because of excessive dependence on financial resources outside the school and a steady decrease in enrollment. The school lacked an active Home and School Association and School Advisory Council, indicative of waning parental involvement in the school. All of these factors contributed to an outpouring of local support for Holy Rosary School and the gathering of human resources to secure its future. It was clear that no single group working alone could accomplish that task. The mission of Holy Rosary Catholic School is to pursue success in education and in life by strengthening minds, bodies and spirits to help build a holy and just society. Holy Rosary Catholic School's vision is to be a model school in Northside Jacksonville: espousing a philosophy centered in Christian values; preparing its students for high school and beyond through excellence in academics and Faculty/Staff; and physically designed to meet student and community needs.
Frequently Asked Questions
What is Guardian Catholic School's ranking?
When is the application deadline for Guardian Catholic School?
Endorse Guardian Catholic School. Endorsements should be a few sentences in length. Please include any comments on:
- Quality of academic programs, teachers, and facilities
- Availability of music, art, sports and other extracurricular activities
- Academic or athletic awards