Guardian Catholic School
5.00 (1 review)
Tel: (904) 765-6522
- Holy Rosary is a Catholic School that began as a parish school, the early history of Holy Rosary School and Church are integrally related.
- Holy Rosary Church is the fifth oldest parish in Jacksonville.
- It began as a simple mission chapel erected in 1915 to care for the Catholics in the Springfield area.
- In October 1921 Holy Rosary became an independent parish and its newly appointed pastor, Fr. Dennis Lyons, initiated plans for a new church to be built on the corner of Laura and Cottage Streets.
- Holy Rosary Catholic School was faced with the possibility of closing because of excessive dependence on financial resources outside the school and a steady decrease in enrollment.
- The school lacked an active Home and School Association and School Advisory Council, indicative of waning parental involvement in the school.
- All of these factors contributed to an outpouring of local support for Holy Rosary School and the gathering of human resources to secure its future.
- It was clear that no single group working alone could accomplish that task.
- The mission of Holy Rosary Catholic School is to pursue success in education and in life by strengthening minds, bodies and spirits to help build a holy and just society.
- Holy Rosary Catholic School's vision is to be a model school in Northside Jacksonville: espousing a philosophy centered in Christian values; preparing its students for high school and beyond through excellence in academics and Faculty/Staff; and physically designed to meet student and community needs.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Catholic Educational Association (NCEA)|
National Association for the Education of Young Children
|Religious Affiliation||Roman Catholic|
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-8|
|Total Students||380 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 44%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||26 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||15:1|
National avg.: 13:1
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Jacksonville Grades: K-8 | 72 students
2760 Edgewood Ave W
Jacksonville, FL 32209
(904) 765-3225 2.9 K-8
- Jacksonville Grades: PK-12 | 437 students
5732 Normandy Blvd
Jacksonville, FL 32205
(904) 786-0028 6.6 PK-12
This is the best private School around town. I have been a parent since 2007 and every school my child returns tho this school I feel very advantaged , because it's a blessing to be partt of greatness. I salute the principle and the entire staff that work tirelessly to make sure that our children get the best and become the best tool to out society. God bless .
- Posted by Parent - desse
If you live outside the United States, choosing an American private school can be a confusing process. Here is an overview of the process.
Many people thought vouchers would never amount to much. Not only have they amounted to a great deal more than anybody could have thought, but vouchers have encouraged several more education choices to flourish.
Now that school has safely reopened, what can we parents do to support and encourage the schools we care about so much?