Guidepost Montessori at Herndon
Tel: (571) 203-8686
At Guidepost Montessori at Herndon, we embrace a Montessori philosophy of education and create a warm, welcoming and secure place for children to challenge themselves and excel.
In this environment, children develop their intellectual, social and physical abilities and talents to their fullest.
We welcome community involvement through events, helping parents better understand the learning style and temperament of their child-and work together to maximize childrens strengths as well as building a strong community.
Guidepost Montessori at Herndon is fully accredited by Cognia as well as American Montessori Society and is recognized by the Virginia Council for Private Education.
|School Type||Montessori School|
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||American Montessori Society (AMS)|
Southern Association Of Colleges And Schools (SACS)
|Grades Offered||Grades Nursery/Preschool-Kindergarten|
|Summer School Offered||Yes|
|Total Students||96 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 26%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||6 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||16:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|Average Class Size||10 students|
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Admissions Director||James Rice|
- Guidepost Montessori at Herndon is located in the Woodland Park area of Herndon minutes from the Dulles Toll Road and Centreville Road. The custom built school has been a part of the Herndon community since 2001. Each classroom features numerous windows allowing for an abundance of natural light in addition to the finely crafted Montessori materials in a carefully prepared and developmentally appropriate setting.
- Toddler (16 months - 3 years)
- In the short span of a year or so, your child experiences an explosion of language, along with dramatic advancement in fine and gross motor control, problem-solving ability, independence, and social interaction. The Montessori Toddler classroom offers an environment and a community keyed to nurturing these skills.
- Children's House (3 - 6 years)
- The Children's House program at the Herndon Campus offers children a unique opportunity to learn and grow. The accredited Montessori program guided by credentialed teachers promotes academic discipline through an individualized curriculum.
- Rich, Integrated Curriculum
- Children work with specifically designed materials to develop skills and are guided at their own individual pace.
Profile last updated:
Sending your child to a single-sex school is one of several options you have when it comes to private schools.
Each state sets its own teacher certification requirements. While many private schools do not require you to be certified, it is in your best interests to obtain certification. This article includes contact information for state education offices so you can begin the process.
Marketing the small private school can be done affordably and effectively. We suggest five easy steps to make that happen.