Guiding Light School
- Guiding Light Christian School opened its doors in 1963. There was no mandated Kindergarten in Arizona at that time and some First Christian families felt the need to have a Christian Kindergarten for their children.
- That year, enrollment was between 10-12 students, transportation was provided and all of the children represented First Christian Church families.
- Since 1963, the mission of Guiding Light Christian School has been to enrich each child spiritually, mentally, socially and physically.
- Guiding Light Christian School currently offers programs for Ages 2 through Kindergarten.
- We strive to help children feel good about themselves and their accomplishments, We strive to provide an atmosphere where preschool age children can make choices and participate in developmentally appropriate activities.
|School Type||Early Childhood / Day Care|
|Grades Offered||Grades Kindergarten|
|Total Students||63 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 41%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||1 teacher|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
Nearby Private Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Phoenix Grades: NS | 62 students
1118 W Glendale Avenue
Phoenix, AZ 85021
(602) 944-2464 0.4 NS
- Phoenix Grades: PK-8 | 251 students
1118 W Glendale Ave
Phoenix, AZ 85021
(602) 374-3062 0.4 PK-8
- Phoenix Grades: PK-8 | 523 students
6300 N Central Avenue
Phoenix, AZ 85012
(602) 274-4866 0.7 PK-8
- Phoenix Grades: 9-12 | 50 students
715 East Sierra Vista Drive
Phoenix, AZ 85014
(602) 324-3406 1.1 9-12
Now that school has safely reopened, what can we parents do to support and encourage the schools we care about so much?
Sending your child to a single-sex school is one of several options you have when it comes to private schools.
This article aims to show you where to look for information about school reopening protocols, school reopening communications, schools that have closed, and schools with COVID-19 cases, among other COVID-19 related issues.