Guiding Light School
- Guiding Light Christian School opened its doors in 1963. There was no mandated Kindergarten in Arizona at that time and some First Christian families felt the need to have a Christian Kindergarten for their children.
- That year, enrollment was between 10-12 students, transportation was provided and all of the children represented First Christian Church families.
- Since 1963, the mission of Guiding Light Christian School has been to enrich each child spiritually, mentally, socially and physically.
- Guiding Light Christian School currently offers programs for Ages 2 through Kindergarten.
- We strive to help children feel good about themselves and their accomplishments, We strive to provide an atmosphere where preschool age children can make choices and participate in developmentally appropriate activities.
|School Type||Early Childhood / Day Care|
|Grades Offered||Grades Kindergarten|
|Total Students||63 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 38%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||1 teachers|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
Nearby Private Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Phoenix Grades: NS | 62 students
1118 W Glendale Avenue
Phoenix, AZ 85021
(602)944-2464 0.4 NS
- Phoenix Grades: PK-8 | 252 students
1118 W Glendale Ave
Phoenix, AZ 85021 0.4 PK-8
- Phoenix Grades: PK-8 | 523 students
6300 N Central Avenue
Phoenix, AZ 85012
(602)274-4866 0.7 PK-8
- Phoenix Grades: 9-12 | 36 students
6516 N 7th St # 105
Phoenix, AZ 85014
(602)324-3406 1 9-12
Private school tuition seems to go nowhere but up. We look at some of the reasons why and offer the opinion that a private school education is still good value.
It seems to be highly likely that the COVID-19 virus will spread to the United States. We look at step schools and parents can take to protect themselves from this highly contagious virus.
This article aggregates all the articles I have written about running a small private school. Use it as a handbook and a reminder of things you should look at from time to time.