Guiding Light School
- Guiding Light Christian School opened its doors in 1963. There was no mandated Kindergarten in Arizona at that time and some First Christian families felt the need to have a Christian Kindergarten for their children.
- That year, enrollment was between 10-12 students, transportation was provided and all of the children represented First Christian Church families.
- Since 1963, the mission of Guiding Light Christian School has been to enrich each child spiritually, mentally, socially and physically.
- Guiding Light Christian School currently offers programs for Ages 2 through Kindergarten.
- We strive to help children feel good about themselves and their accomplishments, We strive to provide an atmosphere where preschool age children can make choices and participate in developmentally appropriate activities.
|School Type||Early Childhood / Day Care|
|Grades Offered||Grades Kindergarten|
|Total Students||63 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 38%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||1 teachers|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
Nearby Private Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Phoenix Grades: NS-PK | 62 students
1118 W Glendale Avenue
Phoenix, AZ 85021
(602)944-2464 0.4 NS-PK
- Phoenix Grades: PK-8 | 252 students
1118 W Glendale Ave
Phoenix, AZ 85021 0.4 PK-8
- Phoenix Grades: PK-8 | 513 students
6300 N Central Avenue
Phoenix, AZ 85012
(602)274-4866 0.7 PK-8
- Phoenix Grades: 9-12 | 36 students
6516 N 7th St # 105
Phoenix, AZ 85014
(602)324-3406 1 9-12
What is a lab school? It's a K-12 school or school with some variation of those grades which is operated by a university or college.
Helicopter, velcro and snowplow parents can't stand the thought of their children having difficulty with anything. Over-protective parents come in several flavors. More here.
Raising money for your small school never seems to end. There is always some pressing need. And a few long-term ones as well. We offer some tips, suggestions and strategies to help you tackle this important aspect of your school's financial situation.