Hampton Montessori School
5.00 (1 review)
- Hampton Montessori School follows the basic principles of Dr. Maria Montessori, known as the Montessori Method.
- The Hampton Montessori School occupies two fully equipped pre-primary level classrooms capable of accommodating 20-28 children.
- Young children should be in the process of toilet training before acceptance into the program.
- The Montessori teacher assumes a guiding or directing role and is thus, referred to as the Directress.
- The teacher prepares the environment, demonstrates the correct use of the materials, observes the progress of the child, and functions as the exemplar.
- It is the child who learns; motivated through the work itself.
- The child is free to learn because of an acquired "inner discipline" from the exposure to both physical and mental order.
- The Montessori Method is more than just a method of learning; it is an approach to life.
|School Type||Montessori School|
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||American Montessori Society (AMS)|
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-Kindergarten|
|Total Students||22 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 24%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||2 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||11:1|
National avg.: 13:1
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Hampton Grades: PK-12 | 119 students
3105 W Mercury Blvd
Hampton, VA 23666
(757)838-8949 3.7 PK-12
- Hampton Grades: NS-8 | 557 students
250 Fox Hill Rd
Hampton, VA 23669
(757)851-6292 2.7 NS-8
Attending Hampton Montessori School was the most wonderful experience for our son and daughter. It is in a small section of an old church, but the warmth of the environment and quality of the instruction are truly exceptional. It is a very welcoming school - although firmly grounded in traditional Montessori curiculum the staff also understands the roll of the school in modern life. Due to job moves (and one bad experience at another school) our children have attended several Montessori schools - this was the best and has instilled a true love of learning in two very different children... Thank you Ms. Francis!
- Posted by Parent - mitch
What are the attributes which make 21st century military schools so special? We find out in this article.
A parent and I chat about finding the best school for her daughter. While the parent may be fictitious, her questions are quite typical of the kind of questions and concerns parents have when thinking about sending their children to private school.
We look at several ways you can use to search for private schools. Whether you are beginning the search process for a school for your child or just want to find out more about particular schools, we offer some tips and tricks to make searching more efficient.