Trinity Lutheran School
5.00 (3 reviews)
Tel: (757) 245-2576
Trinity Lutheran School Photo #2 - Trinity's large, fun-filled playground is located just outside of the newest wing of the school.
Trinity Lutheran School Photo #3 - Small class sizes allow for both individual attention and collaborative learning.
Trinity Lutheran School Photo #4 - Trinity students attend Chapel service each Wednesday morning, where birthdays are celebrated and the Bible's Fruits of the Spirit are highlighted.
Trinity Lutheran School Photo #5 - Technology is integrated at Trinity for every grade level. Students in Grades 4 and up receive their own Chromebooks to aid with instruction.
Trinity Lutheran School Photo #6 - Trinity's gymnasium hosts physical education classes as well as a variety of athletic teams. Trinity is a founding member of the Peninsula Independent Athletic League (PIAL) which offers competitive play for athletes at the middle school level.
Trinity Lutheran School Photo #7 - Trinity's Outdoor Education program, founded in 1980, is a long-standing tradition which offers students the chance to canoe and kayak, camp, hike, bike, and more -- all while learning to sustain and care for the world around us.
Overlooking the James River in the Huntington Heights Historic District of Newport News, Trinity Lutheran School is a socially, economically, and racially diverse co-educational day school serving students from pre-K and junior kindergarten through grade 8.
The mission of Trinity Lutheran School is to provide an academically challenging education within a Christian environment that nurtures the development of the whole child.
Trinity Lutheran School places among the top 20% of private schools in Virginia for:
- Category Attribute
- Advanced Degrees Highest percentage of faculty with advanced degrees
- School History Oldest founding date
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||Other school association(s)|
|Religious Affiliation||Evangelical Lutheran Church in America (formerly AELC, ALC, or LCA)|
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-8|
|Learning Difference Programs||Yes|
|Awards||Blue Ribbon School - Selected in 2015|
|Total Students||158 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 26%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||16 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||10:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree|
|Average Class Size||12 students|
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$6,540|
|Tuition Notes||Pre-K tuition: $6540 Junior Kindergarten: $7800 Kindergarten: - $8880 Grades 1-3: $10020 Grades 4-5: $10320 Grades 6-8: $10620 Payment plans, financial aid, scholarships, and military discounts are available to qualifying families.|
|Admissions Director||Julie Petty|
|Total Sports Offered||7 sports|
|Sports||Baseball, Basketball, Cheering, Cross Country, Soccer, Tennis, VolleyballBaseball, Basketball,|
Cheering, Cross Country,
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||5 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Club or Organization:|
Honor Council, NJHS, Safety Patrol, SCA
Recreational Athletic Programs:
- At Trinity, we celebrate the unique characteristics of each child. Our focus on developing the "whole child" is designed to guide students from center-based learning in preschool to leadership and student-centered learning in middle school. Academic programs challenge students while preparing them for success in the most rigorous secondary school programs. Our Blue Ribbon Award from the U.S. Department of Education is an indicator of the academic success achieved at Trinity. At the same time, our wide variety of resource offerings allows students to explore their potential in athletics, foreign language, technology, and the arts. There are many opportunities for children to excel at Trinity. Our graduates enter high school as academically, socially, and emotionally mature young people.
Profile last updated:
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Newport News Grades: PK-8 | 125 students
252 Lucas Creek Road
Newport News, VA 23602
(757) 877-2941 8.7 PK-8
- Newport News Grades: PK-12 | 630 students
739 Academy Lane
Newport News, VA 23602
(757) 884-9100 7 PK-12
- Hampton Grades: NS-8 | 350 students
250 Fox Hill Rd
Hampton, VA 23669
(757) 851-6292 7.5 NS-8
This is not just a school, it's a family. My son loves his school and is always in a good mood. I highly recommend this school!!
- Posted by Parent - Kara Allen
Trinity is a wonderful K-8 school that gave my daughter an excellent foundation for her high school studies.
- Posted by Parent - LPN
My children are thriving at Trinity Lutheran School. We love the strong academics, nurturing staff, and small class sizes.
- Posted by Parent - JM
Sending your child to a single-sex school is one of several options you have when it comes to private schools.
Each state sets its own teacher certification requirements. While many private schools do not require you to be certified, it is in your best interests to obtain certification. This article includes contact information for state education offices so you can begin the process.
Marketing the small private school can be done affordably and effectively. We suggest five easy steps to make that happen.