Hands-On Montessori School
Established in 2003, Hands-On Montessori School is an independent, coeducational day school for students from 18 months through 12 years. (sixth grade)
- School Type: Montessori School
- Grades: Nursery/Preschool-6
- Students: 93 students
- Average class size: 20 students
- Application Deadline: None / Rolling
School Membership(s)School Assoc.
Learning Difference Programs
Student Body Type
% Students of Color
State avg.: 27%
Students by Grade
Academics and Faculty
Total Classroom Teachers
Student : Teacher Ratio
National avg.: 13:1
Average Class Size
List of Courses Offered
Finances and Admission
None / Rolling
- Established in 2003, Hands-On Montessori School is an independent, coeducational day school for students from 18 months through 12 years. (sixth grade)
- Hands-On Montessori School is a community of children, families and teachers dedicated to inspiring and nurturing the development of each student's independence, self-confidence, self respect, and creativity, enabling each child to reach his/her full potential as a global citizen and life-long learner.Hands-On Montessori school facilitates this development by embracing the philosophy and methods of Dr. Maria Montessori in harmony with other developmentally appropriate, innovative teaching practices.
Our daughter has attended Hands On Montessori HOMS) for 13 months and we could not be happier. She became more independent almost immediately, and her communication skills have developed in such a positive way. I see her trying to resolve issues with friends outside of school using what she has learned at school. When I volunteer at HOMS, I get to see firsthand the approach to helping the children learn and understand more productive behavior that will be an important tool for the rest of their lives. Tools I didn't learn until I was an adult. You see what an amazing learning experience it is. I wish I had the chance to attend HOMS when I was a child. Our daughter knows and acknowledges how lucky she is. And Emily, the owner, is so responsive to questions and makes herself very available. We are so grateful that we found HOMS!
Endorse Hands-On Montessori School. Endorsements should be a few sentences in length. Please include any comments on:
- Quality of academic programs, teachers, and facilities
- Availability of music, art, sports and other extracurricular activities
- Academic or athletic awards
What A Teacher Does
A teacher wears many hats. Here's a look at her duties and responsibilities.
How Diverse Are Private Schools?
Decades ago private schools could have been accused of being elitist. You had to have money to attend. The student populations were fairly homogeneous. Fortunately that has changed.
Private School Job Searching 101
Here is a guide for teachers and administrators seeking employment in private schools. Think of it as a roadmap for the job search process.