Heartwood Montessori School
- Heartwood Montessori School, founded in 1991, is located at 112 Byrum Street in the heart of Cary, North Carolina, near the intersection of I-40/440 and US-1/64, serving Cary, Apex, Morrisville, and the greater Raleigh area.
- Heartwood is committed to quality education for children ages 18 months to fifteen years.
- Our school provides an extensive curriculum based on the Montessori Method and inclusive of State and National standards.
Heartwood Montessori School places among the top 20% of private schools in North Carolina for:
- Category Attribute
- Advanced Degrees Highest percentage of faculty with advanced degrees
|School Type||Montessori School|
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||American Montessori Society (AMS)|
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-10|
|Learning Difference Programs||Yes|
|Learning Programs Supported||all differences respected|
|Summer School Offered||Yes|
|Total Students||176 students|
|Student Body Type||n/a|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 16%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||15 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||12:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree|
|Average Class Size||20 students|
|Number of AP Courses||10 courses|
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$7,000|
|Tuition Notes||See website for details|
|Admissions Director||Sue Daniel|
|Admissions Associate||Mary McKinney|
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Cary Grades: K-12 | 817 students
1330 Old Apex Rd
Cary, NC 27513
(919)303-2560 1.6 K-12
Most private schools have endowment funds. We explain how these work and why schools are fortunate to have them in tough times.
COVID-19 has turned education at every level upside-down, inside-out. We offer some steps to guide your planning for academic year 2020-21.
Teachers and parents are concerned about the teaching that will take place post-pandemic. I have tried to cover their concerns in the following set of questions and answers.