- Highland Academy's mission is to provide a Christ-centered education as revealed in God's Word that assists students in developing an eternal relationship with Christ, to honor God, and to serve a global society.
- Highland Academy's philosophy is to teach the beliefs, ideals and customs of the Seventh-day Adventist Church, as well as to lead its students to ascertain and accept, in practice and sentiment, the mind and will of God as revealed in His Word.
- This unique educational approach is based on the belief of a harmonious development of the physical, mental, social and spiritual elements within each student.
- Our school seeks to provide a Christ-centered curriculum and program of activities, utilizing the inspired counsel given to the church, as well as appropriate secular theories, in its implementation.
- The school seeks to develop an attitude of service in each student.
- This concept of community is stressed to develop a well-rounded member of a global society and, above all else, loyal, conscientious Christians.
- Highland Academy, in cooperation with the home and the church, accepts as its basic evangelistic task the education and redemption of its students.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||General Conference of the Seventh Day Adventist Church (GCSDAC)|
Other school association(s)
|Religious Affiliation||Seventh Day Adventist|
|Grades Offered||Grades 9-12|
|Total Students||68 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 15%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||9 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||8:1|
National avg.: 13:1
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Lexington Grades: K-12 | 44 students
175 Natchez Trace Dr
Lexington, TN 38351
(731)968-6424 123.9 K-12
- Monterey Grades: 9-12 | 59 students
23100 Clarkrange Highway
Monterey, TN 38574
(931)839-6675 80.8 9-12
- Gentry Grades: 9-12 | 156 students
20997 Dawn Hill East Rd
Gentry, AR 72734
(479)736-2221 445.4 9-12
- Holbrook Grades: 1-12 | 70 students
2001 Mclaws Rd.
Holbrook, AZ 86025
(928)524-6845 1328.7 1-12
Most private schools have endowment funds. We explain how these work and why schools are fortunate to have them in tough times.
COVID-19 has turned education at every level upside-down, inside-out. We offer some steps to guide your planning for academic year 2020-21.
Teachers and parents are concerned about the teaching that will take place post-pandemic. I have tried to cover their concerns in the following set of questions and answers.