- Hillcrest Academy is a not-for-profit, 501 (c)3, secular, coeducational, independent Kindergarten through Eighth Grade school, accredited by the Western Association of Schools and Colleges and the California Association of Independent Schools.
- The school was founded in 1977 and is located in Temecula.
- Hillcrest is a distinguished academic institution and offers a comprehensive, enriched, integrated curriculum that embraces the school's philosophy of providing a quality education that fosters excellence in academic learning, while establishing strong character, and developing leadership attributes essential for a successful, fulfilling life.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Association of Independent Schools (NAIS)
Western Association of Schools and Colleges (WASC)
|Grades Offered||Grades Kindergarten-8|
|Total Students||165 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color||
State avg.: 43%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||17 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||10:1
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree||
|Average Class Size||17 students|
|Classroom Dress Code||Formal
(Khaki and forest green uniforms)
Finances and Admission
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$7,275|
|Tuition Notes||Kindergarten through fifth grade tuition is $7,275 Sixth through eighth tuition is $7,925 Tuition and fees remained at the 2008-09 level.|
|% on Financial Aid||
|Average Financial Aid Grant||$1,000|
National avg.: 85%
|Admissions Director||Maureen Manion|
|Admissions Associate||Suzanne Adkins|
|Total Sports Offered||6 sports|
|Sports||Basketball, Dance, Flag Football, Golf, Soccer, VolleyballBasketball, Dance,
Flag Football, Golf,
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||6 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||French and Spanish Clubs, Martial Arts, Star Kidz, Webby Dance, chess, science adventures Martial Arts, Star Kidz, Webby Dance, chess, French and Spanish Clubs,
- The mission of Hillcrest Academy, in partnership with the students and parents, is to challenge the pursuit of excellence in academics, character, and leadership, and to encourage each person to approach life with a sense of inquiry and purpose. Hillcrest students learn in a safe, secure, and nurturing environment. Hillcrest teachers help create an environment that fosters respect, understanding, and acceptance of others. Both students and teachers are actively involved in making connections, solving problems, and thinking critically. Hillcrest is a small school and the only Temecula Valley Private School that is accredited through both the Western Association of Schools and Colleges (WASC) and the California Association of Independent Schools (CAIS).
Profile last updated: 07/16/2015
- School Location Miles Grades Students
TemeculaGrades: NS-8 | 465 students
29851 Santiago Road
Temecula, CA 92592
TemeculaGrades: PK-12 | 826 students
31950 Pauba Rd
Temecula, CA 92592
TemeculaGrades: K-9 | 412 students
29851 Santiago Rd
Temecula, CA 92592
1 to 12 teacher student ratio. Kids thrive in small groups and get plenty of attention. They are the only school in southern riverside county using Google for education along with Google Classroom technology making homework and class assignment fun, interactive and easy for parents to be connected. School is on its way to be IB accredited. Great school and highly recommended.
- Posted by Parent - Ukftl
April 21, 2017
Making your job application easy to read will help your application make the first cut.
April 20, 2017
Private high schools offer strong college counseling programs which are ongoing and fully integrated into the daily activities.
April 19, 2017
As you narrow the field in your private school search process, you will develop a short list of three to five schools which you will evaluate in detail. Visiting each school is an essential part of your due diligence.