5.00 (1 review)
- Hillcrest Academy is a not-for-profit, 501 (c)3, secular, coeducational, independent Kindergarten through Eighth Grade school, accredited by the Western Association of Schools and Colleges and the California Association of Independent Schools.
- The school was founded in 1977 and is located in Temecula.
- Hillcrest is a distinguished academic institution and offers a comprehensive, enriched, integrated curriculum that embraces the school's philosophy of providing a quality education that fosters excellence in academic learning, while establishing strong character, and developing leadership attributes essential for a successful, fulfilling life.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Association of Independent Schools (NAIS)|
Western Association of Schools and Colleges (WASC)
|Grades Offered||Grades Kindergarten-8|
|Summer School Offered||Yes|
|Total Students||117 students|
|Student Body Type||n/a|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 44%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||16 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||7:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree|
|Average Class Size||17 students|
|Classroom Dress Code||Formal|
(Khaki and forest green uniforms)
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$7,275|
|Tuition Notes||Kindergarten through fifth grade tuition is $7,275 Sixth through eighth tuition is $7,925 Tuition and fees remained at the 2008-09 level.|
|% on Financial Aid|
|Average Financial Aid Grant||$1,000|
National avg.: 85%
|Admissions Director||Maureen Manion|
|Admissions Associate||Suzanne Adkins|
|Total Sports Offered||6 sports|
|Sports||Basketball, Dance, Flag Football, Golf, Soccer, VolleyballBasketball, Dance,|
Flag Football, Golf,
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||6 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||chess, French and Spanish Clubs, Martial Arts, science adventures, Star Kidz, Webby Dance|
- The mission of Hillcrest Academy, in partnership with the students and parents, is to challenge the pursuit of excellence in academics, character, and leadership, and to encourage each person to approach life with a sense of inquiry and purpose. Hillcrest students learn in a safe, secure, and nurturing environment. Hillcrest teachers help create an environment that fosters respect, understanding, and acceptance of others. Both students and teachers are actively involved in making connections, solving problems, and thinking critically. Hillcrest is a small school and the only Temecula Valley Private School that is accredited through both the Western Association of Schools and Colleges (WASC) and the California Association of Independent Schools (CAIS).
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Temecula Grades: NS-8 | 465 students
29851 Santiago Road
Temecula, CA 92592
(909)506-3123 0.2 NS-8
- Temecula Grades: K-9 | 412 students
29851 Santiago Rd
Temecula, CA 92592
(951)506-3123 0.2 K-9
- Antioch Grades: 4-8 | 4 students
600 Alumrock Drive
Antioch, CA 94509
(925)706-7086 405.2 4-8
1 to 12 teacher student ratio. Kids thrive in small groups and get plenty of attention. They are the only school in southern riverside county using Google for education along with Google Classroom technology making homework and class assignment fun, interactive and easy for parents to be connected. School is on its way to be IB accredited. Great school and highly recommended.
- Posted by Parent - Ukftl
Sometimes a regular school is not the right fit for a child. Perhaps she needs an alternative school.
What are the attributes which make 21st century military schools so special? We find out in this article.
If you are looking for a college preparatory education with a military emphasis, then take a look at military schools.