Hillcrest Academy is a not-for-profit, 501 (c)3, secular, coeducational, independent Kindergarten through Eighth Grade school, accredited by the Western Association of Schools and Colleges and the California Association of Independent Schools.
The school was founded in 1977 and is located in Temecula.
Hillcrest is a distinguished academic institution and offers a comprehensive, enriched, integrated curriculum that embraces the school's philosophy of providing a quality education that fosters excellence in academic learning, while establishing strong character, and developing leadership attributes essential for a successful, fulfilling life.
- Grades: Kindergarten-8
- Students: 117 students
- Yearly Tuition: $7,275
- Acceptance rate: 90%
- Average class size: 17 students
- Application Deadline: None / Rolling
School Membership(s)School Assoc.
Summer School Offered
Student Body Type
% Students of Color
State avg.: 48%
Students by Grade
Academics and Faculty
Total Classroom Teachers
Student : Teacher Ratio
National avg.: 13:1
% Faculty w/Advanced Degree
Average Class Size
Classroom Dress Code
(Khaki and forest green uniforms)
(Khaki and forest green uniforms)
Tuition and Acceptance Rate
None / Rolling
Yearly Tuition Cost
Kindergarten through fifth grade tuition is $7,275 Sixth through eighth tuition is $7,925 Tuition and fees remained at the 2008-09 level.
% on Financial Aid
Average Financial Aid Grant
National avg.: 85%
Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.
chess, French and Spanish Clubs, Martial Arts, science adventures, Star Kidz, Webby Dance
- The mission of Hillcrest Academy, in partnership with the students and parents, is to challenge the pursuit of excellence in academics, character, and leadership, and to encourage each person to approach life with a sense of inquiry and purpose. Hillcrest students learn in a safe, secure, and nurturing environment. Hillcrest teachers help create an environment that fosters respect, understanding, and acceptance of others. Both students and teachers are actively involved in making connections, solving problems, and thinking critically. Hillcrest is a small school and the only Temecula Valley Private School that is accredited through both the Western Association of Schools and Colleges (WASC) and the California Association of Independent Schools (CAIS).
1 to 12 teacher student ratio. Kids thrive in small groups and get plenty of attention. They are the only school in southern riverside county using Google for education along with Google Classroom technology making homework and class assignment fun, interactive and easy for parents to be connected. School is on its way to be IB accredited. Great school and highly recommended.
Endorse Hillcrest Academy. Endorsements should be a few sentences in length. Please include any comments on:
- Quality of academic programs, teachers, and facilities
- Availability of music, art, sports and other extracurricular activities
- Academic or athletic awards
5 Ways To Protect Your Child From Bullying
Bullying lurks everywhere. Learn the warning signs and how to protect your child.
Questions! Questions! Questions!
If you are beginning to think about sending your child to private school, you probably have a lot of questions. Here are some answers to your more common questions.
Marketing Your School: Welcoming New Students
Why is welcoming students so important? Because it makes new students and their families feel that they are part of the school community from Day 1. More about this valuable marketing tool here.