Hilltop Christian School
5.00 (10 reviews)
- Location: 985 East 10600 South, Sandy Info: 801-576-1390 or visit www.hilltopchristianschool.org Offering classes for Pre-K (2 1/2 up), Kindergarten (Progressive & Full Day Options) Hilltop Christian School is accredited by the NAEYC, the nation`s premier organization for early childhood professionals.
- Hilltop Christian School believes in a solid grounding in academics, and in teaching children to be creative problem solvers.
- Children are taught values, like honesty, kindness and patience, so they will develop morality and integrity.
- The mission is to provide a vibrant, family community and an environment that empowers children to be active and unique members of their classroom. For more information about the program, or to schedule a tour of Hilltop Christian School, please contact the Director at 801-576-1390.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Association for the Education of Young Children|
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-1|
|Learning Difference Programs||Yes|
|Total Students||71 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 22%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||10 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||7:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree|
|Average Class Size||10 students|
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Tuition Notes||Tuition rates vary depending on days of week and grade. Please see website for all tuition rates.|
|% on Financial Aid|
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||4 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Arts and Music Programs:|
art, Extended day options include: Spanish, music, STEM and yoga
- At Hilltop Christian School, our approach centers on personal, interactive instruction by experienced teachers who see each child as an individual. Children are encouraged to learn by exploring the world around them, and to communicate and express themselves clearly and confidently. We believe in a solid grounding in academics, and in teaching children to be creative problem solvers. We believe in teaching children values, like honesty, kindness and patience, so they will develop morality and integrity. We believe in the role of the parent in education, and we have a strong community of parents who share an active commitment to helping their children learn. We are a Christian-based school, but we are non-denominational. We have a diverse student body and we believe in respect and tolerance for all people. At Hilltop Christian School, we don't teach classes, we teach children.
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Salt Lake CityGrades: NS-12 | 331 students
6515 Lion Lane
Salt Lake City, UT 84121
- Salt Lake CityGrades: NS-8 | 275 students
430 E 2100 S
Salt Lake City, UT 84115
- Salt Lake CityGrades: PK-12 | 26 students
1880 E 5600 South
Salt Lake City, UT 84121
- Salt Lake CityGrades: K-9 | 57 students
1441 Tamarack Rd
Salt Lake City, UT 84123
- Salt Lake CityGrades: PK-8 | 185 students
240 E 5600 S
Salt Lake City, UT 84107
We are in our third year at Hilltop and couldn't be happier. The class sizes are small. The teachers are wonderful and creative, and the parents are involved in the school community. Our oldest will be out of kindergarten this year, our youngest will start at Hilltop next year.
- Posted by Parent - mj.dy
We love Hilltop! Our oldest daughter is in her third year and very excited to be a kindergartener. Our youngest is in her first year in the 3 & 4 program. The teachers are passionate and creative in reaching each child. There is a great balance between instruction and play that allows the children to apply what they learn as well as make new discoveries on their own. The other families are connected and involved. We couldn't be more pleased with our experience at Hilltop Christian School!
- Posted by Parent - vicki
Great school with a welcoming, friendly and well trained staff. The school is NAEYC accredited and the children have such fun while they are learning. The Kindergarten program is excellent with P.E. ,Spanish and music taught by specialist teachers.
- Posted by Parent - Sarah
Fantastic school with a great community. The teachers are all wonderfully creative and caring, class sizes are small for that one to one interaction. Extra hours include lunch buddies, enrichment classes & Spanish classes.
- Posted by Parent - eaevu
Hilltop has been a wonderful school for my daughters. They are learning much in terms of academics as well as socialization and are having fun at the same time!
- Posted by Parent - mtcon
My daughter is doing great at this school. She loves the play approach to learning ang and is really thriving. I would highly reccommend it to anyone in the south salt lake valley!
- Posted by Parent - Janic
We are in our second year at Hilltop and we LOVE it. We started out last year in the 2 day a week program and were so pleased that we moved to the 3 day a week program this year. My son is so excited to go to school and is far ahead of his friends who attend different pre-schools.
- Posted by Parent - lisa
We have been involved with Hilltop for the last 6 years through our children. The school has a very welcoming atmosphere and a lovely active buzz. The curriculum is at a very high standard being NAEYC accredited and the teachers are well qualified.Parents are encouraged to be part of the school and their children's school lives. Our children have thrived here.
- Posted by Parent - sarah
Great community here at Hilltop. As first graders, the class size is small so his learning is completely tailored to his level. My kids have done great there and we will be sending our last child there without a doubt. We LOVE this place.
- Posted by Parent - jjebn
GREAT SCHOOL!!! This is our first year at Hilltop and my son loves it!! We like the small classes and hands on learning. It is wonderful to see such involvement & support from parents. We will continue going to Hilltop!
- Posted by Parent - jennh
January 23, 2018
What is private school really like? Is there any truth to the rumors you keep hearing? Let's find out.
January 23, 2018
Changes to the Tax Code in late 2017 included the addition of saving for K-12 private school education to 529 plans. We take a look at what this means for families thinking about private school for their children.
January 23, 2018
Keep yourself on track as you work through the private school admissions process.