Hilltop Christian School
5.00 (9 reviews)
- At Hilltop Christian School, our approach centers on personal, interactive instruction by experienced teachers who see each child as an individual. Children are encouraged to learn by exploring the world around them, and to communicate and express themselves clearly and confidently. We are state licensed and NAEYC accredited.
- We offer extended day options for children age 4 through first grade, with enrichment classes like Art, Music & Movement, Pre-immersion Spanish, Yoga and STEM. Visit our website to find out more!.
Hilltop Christian School places among the top 20% of private schools in Utah for:
- Category Attribute
- Advanced Degrees Highest percentage of faculty with advanced degrees
|School Type||Early Childhood / Day Care|
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Association for the Education of Young Children|
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-1|
|Learning Difference Programs||Yes|
|Total Students||100 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 22%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||10 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||10:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree|
|Average Class Size||10 students|
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Tuition Notes||Tuition rates vary depending on days of week and grade. Please see website for all tuition rates.|
|% on Financial Aid|
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||4 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Arts and Music Programs:|
art, Extended day options include: Spanish, music, STEM and yoga
- At Hilltop Christian School, our approach centers on personal, interactive instruction by experienced teachers who see each child as an individual. Children are encouraged to learn by exploring the world around them, and to communicate and express themselves clearly and confidently. We believe in a solid grounding in academics, and in teaching children to be creative problem solvers. We believe in teaching children values, like honesty, kindness and patience, so they will develop morality and integrity. We believe in the role of the parent in education, and we have a strong community of parents who share an active commitment to helping their children learn. We are a Christian-based school, but we are non-denominational. We have a diverse student body and we believe in respect and tolerance for all people. At Hilltop Christian School, we don't teach classes, we teach children.
Profile last updated:
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Sandy Grades: NS-PK
10685 S 1000 E
Sandy, UT 84094
(801)572-1910 2.5 NS-PK
- Salt Lake City Grades: K-12 | 52 students
1880 E 5600 South
Salt Lake City, UT 84121
(801)272-9405 6.3 K-12
- Salt Lake City Grades: PK-8 | 131 students
240 E 5600 S
Salt Lake City, UT 84107
(801)266-8714 6.3 PK-8
We are in our third year at Hilltop and couldn't be happier. The class sizes are small. The teachers are wonderful and creative, and the parents are involved in the school community. Our oldest will be out of kindergarten this year, our youngest will start at Hilltop next year.
- Posted by Parent - mj.dy
We love Hilltop! Our oldest daughter is in her third year and very excited to be a kindergartener. Our youngest is in her first year in the 3 & 4 program. The teachers are passionate and creative in reaching each child. There is a great balance between instruction and play that allows the children to apply what they learn as well as make new discoveries on their own. The other families are connected and involved. We couldn't be more pleased with our experience at Hilltop Christian School!
- Posted by Parent - vicki
Great school with a welcoming, friendly and well trained staff. The school is NAEYC accredited and the children have such fun while they are learning. The Kindergarten program is excellent with P.E. ,Spanish and music taught by specialist teachers.
- Posted by Parent - Sarah
Fantastic school with a great community. The teachers are all wonderfully creative and caring, class sizes are small for that one to one interaction. Extra hours include lunch buddies, enrichment classes & Spanish classes.
- Posted by Parent - eaevu
Hilltop has been a wonderful school for my daughters. They are learning much in terms of academics as well as socialization and are having fun at the same time!
- Posted by Parent - mtcon
My daughter is doing great at this school. She loves the play approach to learning ang and is really thriving. I would highly reccommend it to anyone in the south salt lake valley!
- Posted by Parent - Janic
We are in our second year at Hilltop and we LOVE it. We started out last year in the 2 day a week program and were so pleased that we moved to the 3 day a week program this year. My son is so excited to go to school and is far ahead of his friends who attend different pre-schools.
- Posted by Parent - lisa
Great community here at Hilltop. As first graders, the class size is small so his learning is completely tailored to his level. My kids have done great there and we will be sending our last child there without a doubt. We LOVE this place.
- Posted by Parent - jjebn
GREAT SCHOOL!!! This is our first year at Hilltop and my son loves it!! We like the small classes and hands on learning. It is wonderful to see such involvement & support from parents. We will continue going to Hilltop!
- Posted by Parent - jennh
A private school handbook is essentially a set of guidelines for life in the school community.
A parent and I chat about finding the best school for her daughter. While the parent may be fictitious, her questions are quite typical of the kind of questions and concerns parents have when thinking about sending their children to private school.
We look at several ways you can use to search for private schools. Whether you are beginning the search process for a school for your child or just want to find out more about particular schools, we offer some tips and tricks to make searching more efficient.