Hogarth Country Day School
- For more than three decades, many of the area's youngest students have gathered to learn in the big-barn-turned-schoolhouse across from the Lamprey River in Epping, New Hampshire.
- Since opening in 1980, many hundreds of preschoolers have thrived on the Hogarth experience.
|School Type||Early Childhood / Day Care|
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Association for the Education of Young Children|
|Grades Offered||Grades Nursery/Preschool|
|Summer School Offered||Yes|
|Total Students||14 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||2 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||7:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|Average Class Size||14 students|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
- The Hogarth Country Day School is a small, private, state-licensed preschool established in 1980 and located in Epping, New Hampshire. In fact, we are one of the few New Hampshire state-licensed preschools solely dedicated to education. Although we do care for the children enrolled here, we are not a child-care facility. The Hogarth Country Day School is an early education organization where the focus is squarely on one population. Preschoolers.
- Hogarth offers preschool programs to children in the greater Epping area, including Raymond, Nottingham, Fremont, Brentwood, Lee, Newmarket, Exeter, Stratham, Deerfield, and surrounding towns.Our programs include Early Kindergarten for 4 and 5-year olds, Prekindergarten 3 for 3 and 4-year olds, and Prekindergarten 2 for children aged 2.5 through 5-years old. Each class is limited to 14 students and is taught by the owner, teaching director Andrea E. Murphy. A classroom aid assists Murphy in her teaching. Murphy, a published children's author, writes much of the Hogarth curriculum, tailoring it to the interests and needs of the children in her classroom.
Nearby Private Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Exeter Grades: 1-12 | 50 students
87 State Route 27
Exeter, NH 03833
(603)679-2021 3.4 1-12
- Newfields Grades: PK-K | 52 students
307 Epping Road
Newfields, NH 03856
(603)772-5558 3.6 PK-K
- Fremont Grades: PK-K | 33 students
300 Main Street
Fremont, NH 03044
(603)895-9992 4.8 PK-K
- Fremont Grades: PK-K | 59 students
50 Main St
Fremont, NH 03044
(603)895-2234 4.9 PK-K
- Raymond Grades: NS | 15 students
64 Freetown Road
Raymond, NH 03077 4.9 NS
Learn more about how the coronavirus can impact the financing of your child’s education.
Our children's education is a critical concern. That's why we elected to send our kids to private school in the first place. However, this COVID-19 virus is controlling everything. And it will continue to do so indefinitely until we have vaccines to protect us. With that in mind, here are five things you need to do when you are a parent with children in private school during this horrific pandemic.
If you are thinking about private school for your child in the aftermath of the 2020 COVID-19 pandemic, you should exercise even more due diligence than you usually would. More here.