Hogarth Country Day School
Tel: (603) 679-2097
- For more than three decades, many of the area's youngest students have gathered to learn in the big-barn-turned-schoolhouse across from the Lamprey River in Epping, New Hampshire.
- Since opening in 1980, many hundreds of preschoolers have thrived on the Hogarth experience.
|School Type||Early Childhood / Day Care|
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Association for the Education of Young Children|
|Grades Offered||Grades Nursery/Preschool|
|Summer School Offered||Yes|
|Total Students||14 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||2 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||7:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|Average Class Size||14 students|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
- The Hogarth Country Day School is a small, private, state-licensed preschool established in 1980 and located in Epping, New Hampshire. In fact, we are one of the few New Hampshire state-licensed preschools solely dedicated to education. Although we do care for the children enrolled here, we are not a child-care facility. The Hogarth Country Day School is an early education organization where the focus is squarely on one population. Preschoolers.
- Hogarth offers preschool programs to children in the greater Epping area, including Raymond, Nottingham, Fremont, Brentwood, Lee, Newmarket, Exeter, Stratham, Deerfield, and surrounding towns.Our programs include Early Kindergarten for 4 and 5-year olds, Prekindergarten 3 for 3 and 4-year olds, and Prekindergarten 2 for children aged 2.5 through 5-years old. Each class is limited to 14 students and is taught by the owner, teaching director Andrea E. Murphy. A classroom aid assists Murphy in her teaching. Murphy, a published children's author, writes much of the Hogarth curriculum, tailoring it to the interests and needs of the children in her classroom.
Nearby Private Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Epping Grades: PK-K | 108 students
160 Main St
Epping, NH 03042
(603) 679-3381 0.2 PK-K
- Exeter Grades: 2-12 | 53 students
87 State Route 27
Exeter, NH 03833
(603) 679-2021 3.4 2-12
- Newfields Grades: PK-K | 41 students
307 Epping Road
Newfields, NH 03856
(603) 772-5558 3.6 PK-K
- Fremont Grades: PK-K | 33 students
300 Main Street
Fremont, NH 03044
(603) 895-9992 4.8 PK-K
- Fremont Grades: PK-K | 59 students
50 Main St
Fremont, NH 03044
(603) 895-2234 4.9 PK-K
You will encounter COOP, HSPT and TACHS if you are applying to some Roman Catholic high schools.
This article aims to show you where to look for information about school reopening protocols, school reopening communications, schools that have closed, and schools with COVID-19 cases, among other COVID-19 related issues.
The COVID-19 has turned our lives upside down. Sending your children back to school raises all sorts of concerns for their safety and education. We answer some of your questions here.