Holy Cross School
Tel: (765) 642-1848
- St. Mary's Catholic School is an educational ministry of St. Mary's Parish, Anderson.
- We are part of the Diocese off Lafayette Catholic Schools System.
- We follow all recommendations and guidelines set by this corporate office.
- St. Mary's Catholic School is accredited by the Indiana Department of Education.
- We follow the policies set by the State Board of Education regarding the standards expected in accredited schools, including teacher training and licensing, textbook adoption, curriculum, graduation requirements, length of instructional time, instructional media, pupil personnel, and school building facilities.
- St. Mary's School is also a member of the North Central Association Commission on Accreditation and School Improvement and has been accredited by the Association since 2002.
- St. Mary's School does not discriminate on the basis of gender, ethnicity, or age.
- Student of other religious faiths are welcome to attend St. Mary's.
- Non-catholic students are expected to participate in the full curriculum offered at St. Mary's including religion classes and attendance at school masses.
- St. Mary's Parish school believes in the integration of living sacred tradition, the Word, doctrine, and social teaching of the Catholic Church.
- Philosophy Our philosophy is to help develop the whole child.
- We believe in the three P's: Play, Pray and Prepare.
- We PLAY in order to develop a foundation for cognitive, motor and social skills. We encourage Play in a variety of centers.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Catholic Educational Association (NCEA)|
|Religious Affiliation||Roman Catholic|
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-Kindergarten|
|Total Students||97 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 19%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||19 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||5:1|
National avg.: 13:1
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Tipton Grades: NS-5 | 89 students
323 Mill St
Tipton, IN 46072
(765) 675-4741 22.8 NS-5
Now that school has safely reopened, what can we parents do to support and encourage the schools we care about so much?
Sending your child to a single-sex school is one of several options you have when it comes to private schools.
This article aims to show you where to look for information about school reopening protocols, school reopening communications, schools that have closed, and schools with COVID-19 cases, among other COVID-19 related issues.