Liberty Christian School
5.00 (2 reviews)
- Liberty Christian School is a Christ-centered community where students receive an excellent education based on biblical truth.
- Our purpose is simply to provide a quality education within the context of Christian discipleship.
- As we care about the development of the whole student, your child will receive the very best in all areas including rigorous academics, strong spiritual training, excellent fine arts offerings, competitive athletics, and an emphasis on community service.
- The best part of our school is the family atmosphere that you will feel the moment you meet our students, parents, faculty, and staff.
- We believe that it is our commitment to family that makes us distinct.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||Association of Christian Schools International (ACSI)|
State or regional independent school association
|Grades Offered||Grades Nursery/Preschool-12|
|Learning Difference Programs||Yes|
|Learning Programs Supported||Talent Development Lab|
|Total Students||607 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 20%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||43 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||14:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree|
|Average Class Size||19 students|
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual|
(Neat and modest)
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Tuition Notes||The cost of tuition varies depending on grade level. To see a full list of tuition and fees please visit our website.|
|% on Financial Aid|
National avg.: 85%
|Admissions Director||Mrs. Michelle Holmes|
|Total Sports Offered||10 sports|
|Sports||Baseball, Basketball, Cheering, Cross Country, Golf, Soccer, Softball, Swimming, Track and Field, VolleyballBaseball, Basketball,|
Cheering, Cross Country,
Track and Field, Volleyball,
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||14 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Art Club, Chess Club, Creative Writing Club, Elementary Athletic Intramurals, Elementary Band, Elementary Choir, Elementary Garden Club, Hands for Jesus Sign Language, National Honor Society, Praise & Worship, Science Club, Student Council, Yearbook, Young Authors|
- The Admissions Committee is given authority to admit or deny students.
- Parents/Legal Guardians must be willing to abide by and be supportive of the Statement of Faith and desire to cooperate with the school in pursuing our missionof developing their child so that he/she will become an effective Christian, living according to Biblical standards.
- Liberty Christian School does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, national or ethnic origin in its admission policies and practices.
- Liberty Christian School strives to meet the needs of every student entrusted to its care. Liberty Christian School may not possess the resources to provide for students who have: A low academic performance as indicated by report cards and standardized testing; Failed the most recent grade level prior to application; Displayed significant emotional or disciplinary problems (including suspension or expulsion) at current school; A police, court, or criminal record; A physical handicap, which would impair the learning process under normal educational conditions; A learning disability for which our program is not staffed.
- Pre-School students must be at least 3 years old before August 1 and must be fully toilet trained. Pre-Kindergarten students must be at least 4 years old by August 1.
- Kindergarten students must be 5 years old before August 1. Kindergarten applicants are interviewed and given a developmental placement test which includes evaluation of their academic, physical, emotional, and social maturity. Applicants for kindergarten must also submit a Kindergarten Health Form, which has been completed by their attending physician.
- All students entering Liberty Christian School for the first time will be given an entrance assessment to assist in determining academic and overall readiness for the grade level for which they have applied.
- All students entering grades 7-12 must submit a Student Commitment Form stating their level of commitment to Christ. All new students entering grades 7-12 must submit the New Student Questionnaire stating their personal testimony.
- All new students are accepted on a probationary status for the first year.
- Applications will be processed in the order in which they are received, only after all procedures have been followed and all paperwork has been submitted.
- Students applying for a School Choice Scholarship may be required to enter a lottery process if the number of School Choice Scholarship applicants exceeds the number of available openings.
- If an enrolled student is withdrawn after the start of the academic year, the custodial parent/legal guardian is responsible to pay for the days student is enrolled. The custodial parent/legal guardian is required to sign withdrawal papers and is responsible for any outstanding balances accrued during time of enrollment (ie lunch, Kid’s Club, library fees, etc).
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- AndersonGrades: PK-11 | 207 students
2625 Lindberg Rd
Anderson, IN 46012
- AndersonGrades: PK-6 | 126 students
2825 Lincoln St
Anderson, IN 46016
- AndersonGrades: PK-12 | 264 students
432 W 300 N
Anderson, IN 46012
- IndianapolisGrades: PK-12 | 286 students
7702 Indian Lake Rd
Indianapolis, IN 46236
- IndianapolisGrades: 9-12 | 1272 students
5225 E 56th St
Indianapolis, IN 46226
Liberty Christian School is a great institution. Now an alumni, having attended LCS from K-12, no single word better describes the school better than family. The teachers look to create a relationship with each student and work with them individually to make each student as successful as possible. As a senior, I knew the name of every person in the high school and a large number of middle schoolers. Grade is no boundary for friendship at Liberty and I am still very involved when I am around. I would recommend LCS to any family in the Anderson area. Liberty is a place that will always have a dear place in my heart.
- Posted by Student/Alumni - clayt
Our children have received an excellent education at Liberty. They have had the opportunity to participate in sports at a very competitive level and have gone on to do very well in college. We love Liberty Christian School!
- Posted by Parent - dhlin
January 16, 2018
Part of the private school selection process is financial aid. We point out five issues about which you should be aware.
January 16, 2018
We look at why tuition costs vary so widely from school to school.
January 08, 2018
Changes to the Tax Code in late 2017 included the addition of saving for K-12 private school education to 529 plans. We take a look at what this means for families thinking about private school for their children.