Holy Family School
5.00 (1 review)
- Holy Family School-"making a difference one child at a time" Holy Family School educates students in Nursery through Grade 8 from 27 Catholic Parishes on Long Island and 26 Public School Districts.
- Our teachers are New York State certified and join with the Administration in taking very seriously the trust parents put in us when they choose to send their child to our school. We pride ourselves in providing a safe, secure environment for our students; each of whom is known by name and loved for their God-given gifts and talents.
- It is our mission to assure the best academic, spiritual, social, physical, and emotional experience for each individual student entrusted to our care.
- We have our own certified School Counselor to assist students with the ever changing world we live in.
- We are a National School of Excellence, and a Best of Long Island winner for Catholic Elementary School and School Principal.
- We follow Diocesan Guidelines along with the Common Core Standards. We have a very strong Parish-School connection.
- We offer Advanced Regents Classes in Math and Science to qualifying seventh and eighth graders. We offer both morning care and after school care supervised by our own certified teachers.
- We have a modern Computer Lab for technology instruction along with lap top computers, Smart Boards and i-pads for daily use in our classrooms.
- We offer 2, 3, 4, and 5 full and half day sessions for Nursery and Pre-Kindergarten.
- We offer in school band, chorus and choir. Our after school enrichment clubs include bagpiping, tennis, chess, golf, computer design, languages, twirling, cheerleading, STEM, and much more.
- We have an amazing after-school Drama Club. We are active participants in our Parish CYO Sports program.
- We participate in Middle School Sports. Annually, 100% of our eighth graders that take the Catholic High School Entrance Exam are accepted in to at least one if not all three of the schools they choose.
- We offer Academic Intervention as a classroom push-in, and in a small group setting. We have District provided Resource Room, Speech Therapy, Occupational Therapy, Physical Therapy and School Psychology Services in our building when necessary.
- Our very active Parent Association supports our school through many "fun" fund raising events and activities.
- Our School Board members are dedicated to their role as advisors to the Pastor and Principal. Working together they assure a quality education for every student-Come visit our school and learn more about what we have to offer.Private tours are available at any time. Call 516-938-3846 x329 for an appointment..
Holy Family School places among the top 20% of private schools in New York for:
- Category Attribute
- Advanced Degrees Highest percentage of faculty with advanced degrees
- Student Body Largest student body
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Catholic Educational Association (NCEA)|
Other religious school association(s)
National Catholic Education Association
|Religious Affiliation||Roman Catholic|
|Grades Offered||Grades Nursery/Preschool-8|
|Learning Difference Programs||Yes|
|Learning Programs Supported||All|
|Total Students||393 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 28%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||30 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||13:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree|
|Average Class Size||20 students|
|Number of AP Courses||2 courses|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Tuition Notes||Tuition varies according to family size|
National avg.: 85%
|Total Sports Offered||10 sports|
|Sports||Baseball, Basketball, Cheering, Dance, Golf, Swimming, Tennis, Track and Field, Volleyball, Winter TrackBaseball, Basketball,|
Tennis, Track and Field,
Volleyball, Winter Track,
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||6 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Club or Organization:|
Band, Choir, Chorus, Drama
Arts and Music Programs:
Chess Club, Italian Club. Bagpiping
- 400 students in Nursery through grade 8
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Seaford Grades: NS-8 | 431 students
4045 Jerusalem Ave
Seaford, NY 11783
(516)541-1229 4.9 NS-8
Holy Family School believes in and adheres to the tagline of "making a difference, one child at a time". We are blessed with an exceptional faculty and amazing families who work together to assure our children get everything they need; academically, socially, spiritually and emotionally to become productive and happy citizens.
- Posted by Administrator - Principal
We take a detailed look at the three popular early childhood methods to help you determine which one best suits your needs and requirements.
This article aggregates all the articles I have written about running a small private school. Use it as a handbook and a reminder of things you should look at from time to time.
Ever wish you could pick the brain of A+ students? Well, we did it for you — we spoke with dozens of students and educators to find out their secrets for success.