- Holy Family School-"making a difference one child at a time" Holy Family School educates students in Nursery through Grade 8 from 27 Catholic Parishes on Long Island and 26 Public School Districts.
- Our teachers are New York State certified and join with the Administration in taking very seriously the trust parents put in us when they choose to send their child to our school.
- We pride ourselves in providing a safe, secure environment for our students; each of whom is known by name and loved for their God-given gifts and talents.
- It is our mission to assure the best academic, spiritual, social, physical, and emotional experience for each individual student entrusted to our care.
- We have our own certified School Counselor to assist students with the ever changing world we live in.
- We are a Middle State Accredited School, a National School of Excellence, and a Best of Long Island winner for Catholic Elementary School and School Principal.
- We follow Diocesan Guidelines along with the Common Core Standards.
- We have a very strong Parish-School connection. We offer Advanced Regents Classes in Math and Science to qualifying seventh and eighth graders.
- We offer both morning care and after school care supervised by our own certified teachers.
- We have a modern Computer Lab for technology instruction along with lap top computers, Smart Boards and i-pads for daily use in our classrooms.
- We offer 2, 3, 4, and 5 full and half day sessions for Nursery and Pre-Kindergarten.
- We offer in school band, chorus and choir. Our after school enrichment clubs include bagpiping, tennis, chess, golf, computer design, languages, twirling, cheerleading, STEM, and much more.
- We have an amazing after-school Drama Club. We are active participants in our Parish CYO Sports program.
- We participate in Middle School Sports. Annually, 100% of our eighth graders that take the Catholic High School Entrance Exam are accepted in to at least one if not all three of the schools they choose.
- We offer Academic Intervention as a classroom push-in, and in a small group setting.
- We have District provided Resource Room, Speech Therapy, Occupational Therapy, Physical Therapy and School Psychology Services in our building when necessary.
- Our very active Parent Association supports our school through many "fun" fund raising events and activities.
- Our School Board members are dedicated to their role as advisors to the Pastor and Principal.
- Working together they assure a quality education for every student-Come visit our school and learn more about what we have to offer.Private tours are available at any time. Call 516-938-3846 x329 for an appointment..
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Catholic Educational Association (NCEA)
Other religious school association(s)
National Catholic Education Association
Middle States Association of Colleges and Secondary Schools
|Religious Affiliation||Roman Catholic|
|Grades Offered||Grades Nursery/Preschool-8|
|Learning Difference Programs||Yes|
|Learning Programs Supported||All|
|Total Students||393 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color||
State avg.: 30%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||30 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||13:1
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree||
|Average Class Size||20 students|
|Number of AP Courses||2 courses|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Tuition Notes||Tuition varies according to family size|
National avg.: 85%
|Total Sports Offered||10 sports|
|Sports||Baseball, Basketball, Cheering, Dance, Golf, Swimming, Tennis, Track and Field, Volleyball, Winter TrackBaseball, Basketball,
Tennis, Track and Field,
Volleyball, Winter Track,
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||2 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Chess Club, Italian Club. Bagpiping, Choir, Chorus, Band, Drama Chess Club, Italian Club. Bagpiping,
Choir, Chorus, Band, Drama,
- 400 students in Nursery through grade 8
- School Location Miles Grades Students
HicksvilleGrades: PK-8 | 455 students
520 S Oyster Bay Rd
Hicksville, NY 11801
MerrickGrades: K-12 | 139 students
36 Smith Street
Merrick, NY 11566
MassapequaGrades: PK-8 | 490 students
4704 Merrick Rd
Massapequa, NY 11758
UniondaleGrades: 6-12 | 2551 students
1400 Glenn Curtiss Blvd
Uniondale, NY 11553
SeafordGrades: K-9 | 594 students
2001 Jackson Ave
Seaford, NY 11783
May 15, 2017
Many famous children have attended private schools. Here is a sampling of schools and the famous folk who graced their hallowed halls.
May 11, 2017
As you narrow the field in your private school search process, you will develop a short list of three to five schools which you will evaluate in detail. Visiting each school is an essential part of your due diligence.
May 11, 2017
Learn more about the Private School Review "Ultimate Admissions Checklist," with top-flight tips from leading minds in education.