Holy Rosary Catholic School
5.00 (1 review)
- Holy Rosary is a Catholic School that began as a parish school, the early history of Holy Rosary School and Church are integrally related.
- Holy Rosary Church is the fifth oldest parish in Jacksonville.
- It began as a simple mission chapel erected in 1915 to care for the Catholics in the Springfield area.
- In October 1921 Holy Rosary became an independent parish and its newly appointed pastor, Fr. Dennis Lyons, initiated plans for a new church to be built on the corner of Laura and Cottage Streets.
- Holy Rosary Catholic School was faced with the possibility of closing because of excessive dependence on financial resources outside the school and a steady decrease in enrollment.
- The school lacked an active Home and School Association and School Advisory Council, indicative of waning parental involvement in the school.
- All of these factors contributed to an outpouring of local support for Holy Rosary School and the gathering of human resources to secure its future.
- It was clear that no single group working alone could accomplish that task.
- The mission of Holy Rosary Catholic School is to pursue success in education and in life by strengthening minds, bodies and spirits to help build a holy and just society.
- Holy Rosary Catholic School's vision is to be a model school in Northside Jacksonville: espousing a philosophy centered in Christian values; preparing its students for high school and beyond through excellence in academics and Faculty/Staff; and physically designed to meet student and community needs.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Catholic Educational Association (NCEA)|
National Association for the Education of Young Children
|Religious Affiliation||Roman Catholic|
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-8|
|Total Students||200 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 41%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||17 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||12:1|
National avg.: 13:1
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Jacksonville Grades: NS-9 | 87 students
2760 Edgewood Ave W
Jacksonville, FL 32209
(904)765-3225 2.9 NS-9
- Jacksonville Grades: NS-12 | 415 students
5732 Normandy Blvd
Jacksonville, FL 32205
(904)786-0028 6.6 NS-12
This is the best private School around town. I have been a parent since 2007 and every school my child returns tho this school I feel very advantaged , because it's a blessing to be partt of greatness. I salute the principle and the entire staff that work tirelessly to make sure that our children get the best and become the best tool to out society. God bless .
- Posted by Parent - desse
Most private schools have endowment funds. We explain how these work and why schools are fortunate to have them in tough times.
COVID-19 has turned education at every level upside-down, inside-out. We offer some steps to guide your planning for academic year 2020-21.
Teachers and parents are concerned about the teaching that will take place post-pandemic. I have tried to cover their concerns in the following set of questions and answers.