Holy Trinity School
Tel: (320) 485-2182
- Holy Trinity Catholic School in Winsted, founded in 1883, offers students the opportunity to grow deeper in their faith.
- We are building leaders with wisdom and character from preschool to high school.
- HT provides a solid foundation of knowledge and skills that encourages academic excellence.
- Because of our high academic standards and small class sizes, our students' ACT scores are substantially higher than the national average and over 90 percent of our graduating seniors pursue higher education.
Holy Trinity School places among the top 20% of private schools in Minnesota for:
- Category Attribute
- Affordability Least expensive tuition
- Advanced Degrees Highest percentage of faculty with advanced degrees
- School History Oldest founding date
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||Other school association(s)|
National Catholic Education Association
|Religious Affiliation||Roman Catholic|
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-12|
|Total Students||145 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 18%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||19 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||8:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree|
|Average Class Size||18 students|
|Number of AP Courses||4 courses|
|List of Courses Offered||Link to List of Courses|
|Advanced Courses||College Level Calculus|
|Average ACT score||24|
|Matriculation DataMatric. Data||Link to Matriculation Data|
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$2,550|
|Tuition Notes||Grades K-6 $2550 Grades 7-8 $3450 Grades 9-10 $3900 Grades 11-12 $4000 Foreign Exchange $6100|
|% on Financial Aid|
National avg.: 85%
|Admissions Director||Angie Hertel|
|Admissions Associate||Angie Hertel|
|Total Sports Offered||9 sports|
|Sports||Baseball, Basketball, Cheering, Cross Country, Football, Gymnastics, Softball, Track and Field, VolleyballBaseball, Basketball,|
Cheering, Cross Country,
Softball, Track and Field,
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||4 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Knowledge Bowl, National Honor Society, Student Council, Yearbook|
- Holy Trinity Catholic School is a regional Catholic school, with our campus located in the heart of Winsted, MN. Although many of our students live in Winsted, we attract students from a 40-mile radius because of our strong reputation of being an academically excellent, faith-filled and affordable parochial school.
- A new elementary school building was constructed in 2007.
- Advanced classroom technology features interactive white boards, multiple computer labs and a student-to-computer ratio of 2:1.
- Holy Trinity Catholic School is a member of the e Minnesota Nonpublic School Accrediting Association (MNSAA). MNSAA is an accrediting agency recognized by the State of Minnesota, and is a member of the National Federation of Nonpublic School State Accrediting Association. All of our teachers, K-12, are professionally licensed and hold advanced degrees.
- Holy Trinity Catholic School partners with God to create the whole student. Our mission is to provide a Catholic, faith-centered, spiritual community which guides and educates our children in faith and academics in preparation for the challenges of today's world. A wide range of academic subjects and extracurricular activities are offered.
- Holy Trinity Catholic High School students are prepared for the next stage in their life by a rigorous required schedule of classes including English, mathematics, social studies, science and religion. In addition, they enjoy a wide selection of elective courses including Spanish, accounting, pottery, architectural drawing, photography, and physics. Our grading scale is rigorous as well, with A = 93-100%, B = 86-92% and C=78-85% and our A Honor Roll is truly an honor as students must achieve a 3.5 or higher GPA and the B Honor Roll at 3.0 to 3.4 GPA.
- Every student is encouraged to join in extracurricular programs and each student can fully participate in almost any activity they would like, due to our smaller size. Holy Trinity offers girls and boys the opportunity to compete in a number of sports including: football, volleyball, baseball, softball, basketball, cross country and track. The teams compete in the Minnesota Christian Athletic Association (MCAA). In addition, we offer extra-curricular activities such as Knowledge Bowl, One-Act Play, Student Council, National Honor Society and yearbook, as well as many others.
- Community service is one of the cornerstones of our culture and of our students' educational experience. To graduate, students must complete volunteer hours. In an average school year, more than 1,000 hours of student community service are given. In addition, the school annually holds a fall and spring service day and provides raking, painting and general cleaning for area residents.
- Holy Trinity also offers Tiny Trojans Preschool for children ages 3-4. Our state-licensed program introduces pre-kindergartners to school in a safe, Christian-based atmosphere. We also offer after school care.
- Holy Trinity is committed to remaining an affordable parochial school. Elementary school tuition is just $2,550 and high school tuition is only $4,000. However, since the true cost of educating each student is substantially higher, the school is supported by the parishioners of Holy Trinity Catholic Church. In addition, each year the school benefits from fundraisers such as the Winstock Country Music Festival, Spring Fling Dinner Auction, Marathon for Nonpublic Education and donations from alumni and friends of the school.
- Each of us only has one opportunity to educate our children. If you are considering Holy Trinity for your family, please visit our website at winstedholytrinity.org and call the Development Office for a personal tour. Applications for enrollment are available year roundand tuition assistance is available. We invite you to become a part of the Holy Trinity family.
Nearby Private Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Silver Lake Grades: K-6 | 62 students
720 Main St W
Silver Lake, MN 55381
(320) 327-2356 8.7 K-6
- Mayer Grades: PK-8 | 144 students
209 Bluejay Avenue
Mayer, MN 55360
(952) 657-2339 9.4 PK-8
- Watertown Grades: PK-8 | 108 students
512 County Road 10 SE
Watertown, MN 55388
(952) 955-1419 9.9 PK-8
- Howard Lake Grades: PK-8 | 106 students
1000 6th St
Howard Lake, MN 55349
(320) 543-2630 12 PK-8
As the COVID-19 virus spreads throughout the United States, we look at steps schools and parents can take to protect themselves from this highly contagious virus.
Raising children involves constant attention to their development and progress. Identifying learning disabilities must be part of your plan.
This article aims to show you where to look for information about school reopening protocols, school reopening communications, schools that have closed, and schools with COVID-19 cases, among other COVID-19 related issues.