Mayer Lutheran High School
5.00 (2 reviews)
Mayer Lutheran High School Photo #4 - MLHS students are active in co-curricular activities and school spirit!
Mayer Lutheran High School Photo #7 - MLHS has chapel each day. Joyful Noise is the praise and worship band made up of students who lead chapel once each week.
Mayer Lutheran High School Photo #8 - Small class sizes are conducive to teachers and students working closely together, maximizing subject proficiency.
- Lutheran High School mission is to prepare the next generation of Christian leaders.
- Mayer Lutheran High School is a vibrant Christian community engaged in maximizing the potential.
- Mayer Lutheran encourages students to grow in their spiritual relationship with the Lord; provides a variety of opportunities that challenge students spiritually, physically, mentally, socially, and emotionally; ensures a learning environment where school policy and values support educational excellence and Christian behavior; and prepares students for lifelong learning and post-high school opportunities.
- Mayer Lutheran HS is the clear choice of all families who want their children to be Biblically-grounded leaders.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||Other school association(s)|
|Religious Affiliation||Lutheran Church Missouri Synod|
|Grades Offered||Grades 9-12|
|Learning Difference Programs||Yes|
|Total Students||190 students|
|Student Body Type||n/a|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 16%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||17 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||11:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree|
|Average Class Size||16 students|
|Number of AP Courses||6 courses|
|Advanced Courses||Calculus, Physics, Literature and Compostion English, World History, Language and Composition English, US History,|
|Average ACT score||25|
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual|
(Modesty is the rule)
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$8,650|
|Tuition Notes||Application Fee: $100 Registration Fee: $585 Graduation Fee: $100 Activities Fee (Per Sport): $190|
|% on Financial Aid|
|Average Financial Aid Grant||$975|
National avg.: 85%
|Admissions Director||Dan Perrel|
|Total Sports Offered||12 sports|
|Sports||Baseball, Basketball, Cross Country, Dance, Football, Golf, Ice Hockey, Soccer, Softball, Swimming, Track and Field, VolleyballBaseball, Basketball,|
Cross Country, Dance,
Ice Hockey, Soccer,
Track and Field, Volleyball,
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||8 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Club or Organization:|
Knowledge Bowl/Quiz Bowl, National Honor Society, STEM/Robotics Club, Yearbook, Ysletta (Mexico) Mission Trip
Arts and Music Programs:
Active Christian Teens, Drama, Jazz Band
- Mayer Lutheran High School prepares the next generation of Christian leaders in a vibrant Christian community engaged in maximizing potential. Located in the west metro area, less than thirty minutes from Chanhassen, MLHS welcomes students from diverse faith traditions who desire to grow into Christian leaders for service to people throughout the world. A rigorous curriculum, robust co-curricular program, and passionate, talented teachers provide an environment that motivates and challenges each student to grow and succeed. Our technology-rich campus enables each student to master the media that will enhance their future education and vocation.
Our four children attend MLHS, with the youngest graduating in 2013. We found the experience to be rich and fulfilling. Each of our children were blessed to attend and they thrived in college due, in no small part, to the education they received at MLHS. We enthusiastically recommend Mayer Lutheran for all kids looking for a school where they will be nutured, loved, and prepared for their next stage of life!
- Posted by Parent - Joel Landskroener
We sent all three of our children to MLHS and are very glad we did. They received an excellent education--challenging and engaging--in a setting which was very encouraging and supportive: Christian. The extras are great and include: choir, band, athletics, special clubs, like robotics, photography, dance. We have come to view the High School as a part of our family, since we have come to know and love so many others who love and respect this community in Christ.
- Posted by Parent - revez
This hub page lists over three dozen articles dealing with issues in high school such as academics and discipline.
Seemingly never-ending school shootings prompted me to find out whether private schools were safer than public schools. Some answers and opinions on the matter here.
We look at ways in which your small to medium-sized private school can use social media to make families past, present, and future aware of your school.