Howard University Early Learning Program
Tel: (202) 806-7102
- Howard University Howard University Early Learning center is choosing an institution that is experienced, dynamic, and diverse " with a tradition of quality education since 1867 provided by the constant engagement of its faculty toward the students and their needs, and by its rich campus social and cultural life.
- With such a diverse student body, it comes as little surprise that life thrives on the Howard University Campus. Whatever your particular interest " culture, religion, sports, art, music, theater, politics " you will be assured of linking up with others who share it.
- Coming to Howard is about connecting " with the life of the mind, the heart of a tradition, and the soul of a people.
- In addition, coming to Howard means connecting with the future " with success in your education and your chosen careers.
Howard University Early Learning Program places among the top 20% of private schools in District of Columbia for:
- Category Attribute
- School History Oldest founding date
|School Type||Early Childhood / Day Care|
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Association for the Education of Young Children|
|Grades Offered||Grades Nursery/Preschool-Kindergarten|
|Summer School Offered||Yes|
|Total Students||52 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 46%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||6 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||9:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|Average Class Size||17 students|
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||Feb. 28 / rolling|
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Washington Grades: NS-6 | 192 students
2700 27th Street, Nw
Washington, DC 20008
(202) 387-2700 1.9 NS-6
- Washington Grades: PK-8 | 160 students
6119 Georgia Ave Nw
Washington, DC 20011
(202) 829-1901 3 PK-8
- Washington Grades: PK-8 | 113 students
806 Rhode Island Ave Ne
Washington, DC 20018
(202) 526-5176 1.3 PK-8
Whether you are just beginning the process of choosing a private school or several months into it, make sure that you keep these five 'must haves' front and center in your thinking.
Are charter schools private schools? What do vouchers have to do with private schools? Some answers here.
You cannot rank private schools. We explain why.