HudsonWay Immersion School
5.00 (1 review)
Tel: (908) 598-8088
HudsonWay Immersion School Photo #2 - HudsonWay Immersion School–Mandarin and Spanish Pre-K through Grade 5 Immersion
In 2020-2021 HudsonWay Immersion School is offering a choice of on-site 5 full days per week or remote learning in a safe, nurturing environment. Young children ages 2 - 5 develop early childhood development skills in two languages - English and Mandarin or Spanish!
Studies show that children who develop bilingual skills early become better students, have better focus and understanding of other cultures. Elementary students learn all the core subjects in two languages.
Students can join without previous language exposure and become bilingual after one year!
Elementary students benefit from small class sizes and flexible grouping.
Students outperform independent school norms on the ERB while achieving high bilingual proficiency. Ninety percent of graduates are accepted to their first-choice independent school.
Door to door transportation and financial aid available. For more information visit www.hwis.org.
|School Type||School with Special Program Emphasis|
|Grades Offered||Grades Nursery/Preschool-6|
|Summer School Offered||Yes|
|Summer Program Details||Link to Summer Program Details|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 29%
Academics and Faculty
|Average Class Size||10 students|
|List of Courses Offered||Link to List of Courses|
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Admissions Director||Tracie Xiong|
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||3 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Club or Organization:|
After School Language Classes, Mommy & Me Classes, Toddler Program
- For the 2020-2021 academic year, HudsonWay Immersion School is offering a choice of either on-site 5 full days per week or remote learning in a safe, nurturing environment. As a smaller school in a facility that can normally accommodate twice as many students, we are able to safely social distance at 6 feet.
- In our program, young children ages 2 - 5 develop all the early childhood development skills such as fine and gross motor skill development, social-emotional skills, literacy and cognitive development in a traditional program - but they learn them in two languages! Children develop in English and either Mandarin Chinese or Spanish. Studies show that children who develop bilingual skills early become better students, have better focus and understanding of other cultures.
- Our elementary program builds on the strong foundation of our preschool. Students learn all the core subjects in two languages. This program is well suited for academically strong elementary students without previous language exposure with most students able to become bilingual in their first year! Elementary students benefit from small class sizes and flexible grouping to accelerate learning. Students outperform independent school norms on the ERB assessed in English while achieving high bilingual proficiency. Ninety percent of graduates are accepted to their first choice independent school.
- Beginning September 2020, we will be extending our program with Grade 6 and adding a grade each year through Grade 8 in 2022. We will be accepting incoming 6th graders without prior language experience on a new track called the Accelerated Language Track which will prepare students for advanced language courses in high school leading to a Global Seal of Biliteracy. Partial scholarships are available in this inaugural year.
- Door to door transportation and financial aid options available. To learn more, visit www.hwis.org
Profile last updated:
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Linden Grades: PK-12 | 118 students
2301 Grier Ave
Linden, NJ 07036
(908) 286-2006 14.3 PK-12
We have been a part of the HudsonWay Immersion School Community for over 8 years. We love the small class sizes and the low student-to-teacher ratio allows for the children to get individualized attention. The teachers are dedicated to keeping the children challenged and engaged. The immersion model allows the children to become biliterate in a short amount of time. We are beyond thrilled with the amazing education that our children have received, they have truly amazed us with the ability to navigate seamlessly in two languages. During the pandemic, the school was able to pivot quickly from an in-person environment to a virtual one without skipping a beat. The teachers and the administration put a tremendous amount of thought and effort into giving the children the ability to have full-day virtual instruction.
- Posted by Parent - Parent
Choosing a private school is a process with many parts to it. It also takes 18-24 months to complete. This collection of articles deals with the first part of the process in which you begin to look at private schools and what they offer.
Marketing the small private school can be done affordably and effectively. We suggest five easy steps to make that happen.
Solid parent-teacher relationships have always been an important part of K-12 education. During this interminable pandemic, parent-teacher relationships have become even more important.