Apple Montessori Of Wayne
5.00 (1 review)
Tel: (973) 696-9750
- We are very proud of our 45-year allegiance to excellence in education and we commend you for pursuing that continued excellence for your child. Teachers and families work together to endow children with a passion for learning and a strong academic foundation.
- We empower them with life skills to use from this day forward and gift them with the confidence and motivation to build a better world, starting today. Apple`s approach to learning offers each student a well-rounded, rich curriculum that combines Montessori with the best modern learning materials, games, and programs available. We impart the skills needed for overall academic and social success. Our commitment to your child and our ability to provide an exceptional education in a safe, nurturing environment remains our highest priority.
|School Type||Montessori School|
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||Middle States Association of Colleges and Secondary Schools|
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-6|
|Learning Difference Programs||Yes|
|Learning Programs Supported||Montessori Education|
|Summer School Offered||Yes|
|Summer Program Details||Link to Summer Program Details|
|Total Students||358 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 29%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||9 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||40:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|Average Class Size||20 students|
|Classroom Dress Code||Formal|
(Uniform for kindergarten and elementary)
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Admissions Director||Allison Ege|
|Admissions Associate||Annette Forgacs|
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||5 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Club or Organization:|
Fit and Active Spanish, Mad Science
Recreational Athletic Programs:
Basketball Club, Soccer, Tumbling & Gymnastics
- Family owned and accredited Apple Montessori Of Wayne serves children from the age of six weeks through sixth grade.
- Apple Montessori has been a trusted leader in early childhood education for over 45 years. We make the most of the critical early learning years by fostering each child`s fullest potential, at his or her own pace.
- The Montessori approach is unique in that it builds on the way children naturally learn, and Apple`s research-proven Montessori Plus approach distinguishes Apple from other Montessori schools.
- Our experienced and passionate teachers have been with Apple between 15 and 30 years.
- Our campus features an auditorium, several playgrounds, two swimming pools, a sports court, a soccer field, an outdoor classrom and a natural wooded area.
- Our infant program serves children from six weeks through 18 months and our toddler program is for children 18 months to age two and a half.
- The preschool program serves children from age two and a half through the Kindergarten year.
- The Junior class serves children in grades one through six.
- Our unique "whole child" curriculum combines aspects of a highly respected reading program, traditional Montessori language acquisition materials, and games and materials designed by our founder, Jane Bailey, to ensure the early development of strong reading skills and tremendous confidence and independence in our students.
- Curriculum integrates STEAM principles and hands-on math, science, history and geography, technology; our Montessori Plus curriculum includes character education, foreign language, fine arts, music and drama and physical education
- Enrollment is exclusive to current Apple Montessori students and students who meet admissions criteria including age, developmental profile and prior school experience.
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Hawthorne Grades: PK-8 | 222 students
270 Diamond Bridge Ave
Hawthorne, NJ 07506
(973) 423-1818 4 PK-8
- Montclair Grades: PK-12 | 1054 students
201 Valley Road
Montclair, NJ 07042
(973) 746-9800 9.6 PK-12
Apple Montessori is an exceptional school that I highly recommend to anyone I speak to. My daughter has grown so much and in so many ways since beginning her journey here. The teaching staff is wonderful - very engaging and warm.
- Posted by Parent - Maya Dace
Now that school has safely reopened, what can we parents do to support and encourage the schools we care about so much?
Sending your child to a single-sex school is one of several options you have when it comes to private schools.
This article aims to show you where to look for information about school reopening protocols, school reopening communications, schools that have closed, and schools with COVID-19 cases, among other COVID-19 related issues.