HudsonWay Immersion School
5.00 (1 review)
Tel: (212) 787-8088
HudsonWay Immersion School Photo #2 - HudsonWay Immersion School–Mandarin Pre-K through Grade 5 Immersion
- In 2020-2021 HudsonWay Immersion School is offering a choice of on-site 5 full days per week or remote learning in a safe, nurturing environment. Young children ages 2 - 5 develop early childhood development skills in two languages - English and Mandarin or Spanish!
- Studies show that children who develop bilingual skills early become better students, have better focus and understanding of other cultures. Elementary students learn all the core subjects in two languages.
- Students can join without previous language exposure and become bilingual after one year!
- Elementary students benefit from small class sizes and flexible grouping.
- Students outperform independent school norms on the ERB while achieving high bilingual proficiency. Ninety percent of graduates are accepted to their first-choice independent school.
- Door to door transportation and financial aid available. For more information visit www.hwis.org.
|School Type||School with Special Program Emphasis|
|Grades Offered||Grades Nursery/Preschool-6|
|Summer School Offered||Yes|
|Summer Program Details||Link to Summer Program Details|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
Academics and Faculty
|Average Class Size||10 students|
|List of Courses Offered||Link to List of Courses|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Admissions Director||Nicole Liu|
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||4 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Club or Organization:|
After School Language Programs, Mommy & Me Classes, Summer camp, Toddler Programs
- For the 2020-2021 academic year, HudsonWay Immersion School is offering a choice of either on-site 5 full days per week or remote learning in a safe, nurturing environment. As a smaller school in a facility that can normally accommodate twice as many students, we are able to safely social distance at 6 feet.
- In our program, young children ages 2 - 5 develop all the early childhood development skills such as fine and gross motor skill development, social-emotional skills, literacy and cognitive development in a traditional program - but they learn them in two languages! Children develop in English and either Mandarin Chinese or Spanish. Studies show that children who develop bilingual skills early become better students, have better focus and understanding of other cultures.
- Our elementary program builds on the strong foundation of our preschool. Students learn all the core subjects in two languages. This program is well suited for academically strong elementary students without previous language exposure with most students able to become bilingual in their first year! Elementary students benefit from small class sizes and flexible grouping to accelerate learning. Students outperform independent school norms on the ERB assessed in English while achieving high bilingual proficiency. Ninety percent of graduates are accepted to their first choice independent school.
- Beginning September 2020, we will be extending our program with Grade 6 and adding a grade each year through Grade 8 in 2022. We will be accepting incoming 6th graders without prior language experience on a new track called the Accelerated Language Track which will prepare students for advanced language courses in high school leading to a Global Seal of Biliteracy. Partial scholarships are available in this inaugural year.
- Door to door transportation and financial aid options available.
- To learn more, visit www.hwis.org
Profile last updated:
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- New York Grades: 2-8 | 30 students
147 Saint Nicholas Ave @ 117- 118 St
New York, NY 10026
(212) 222-6295 2.6 2-8
We transitioned our twins from a Mandarin preschool and wanted them maintain the language those we are not native speakers. Hudson Way was totally the right choice. They language has flourish along with their English. I love the engaging nature of the curriculum. The environment is very inclusive and seeing all cultures being celebrated has definitely helped this be both an educational but also nurturing.
- Posted by Parent - K Lloyd
As the COVID-19 virus spreads throughout the United States, we look at steps schools and parents can take to protect themselves from this highly contagious virus.
Raising children involves constant attention to their development and progress. Identifying learning disabilities must be part of your plan.
This article aims to show you where to look for information about school reopening protocols, school reopening communications, schools that have closed, and schools with COVID-19 cases, among other COVID-19 related issues.