Hughson Christian School
Tel: (209) 883-2874
- Hughson Christian School education goes deeper than just the basic curriculum of reading, writing, and arithmetic.
- What school is all about at HCS stems from the worldview that is expressed in the children's hymn, "This is my father's world, let me never forget, that though the wrong seems often so strong, God is the ruler yet!" God as Creator, Redeemer, and Sustainer is also the center of all we are and do.
- A Christian education has a curriculum of hope and provides a foundation of faith.
- In the course of study in faith and learning, God has provided the curriculum, through His Word and through the hearts and minds of the Christ-centered teacher.
- It is taught with a multitude of methods, but its no mistake that the most powerful method is through the examples of faith and love provided by the teachers and staff themselves.
- This curriculum covers the entire spectrum of human knowledge, wisdom, and understanding.
- We will teach young people to believe in themselves; to think, reason, plan and act; to enrich and give purpose to their lives and to all of God's creation; to forever desire and speak for truth and to know where and how to find it.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Christian School Association (NCSA)|
|Religious Affiliation||Church of Christ|
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-5|
|Total Students||50 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 45%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||4 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||13:1|
National avg.: 13:1
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
Nearby Private Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Empire Grades: 4-7 | 3 students
4715 Yosemite Blvd
Empire, CA 95319
(209) 574-9707 2.7 4-7
- Ceres Grades: 6-11 | 15 students
6643 Faith Home Road
Ceres, CA 95307
(209) 537-0606 5.4 6-11
- Modesto Grades: K-9 | 26 students
3461 Merle Ave
Modesto, CA 95355
(209) 551-4963 5.4 K-9
- Modesto Grades: K-5 | 24 students
1414 Scenic Dr
Modesto, CA 95355
(209) 550-5873 6.3 K-5
Now that school has safely reopened, what can we parents do to support and encourage the schools we care about so much?
Sending your child to a single-sex school is one of several options you have when it comes to private schools.
This article aims to show you where to look for information about school reopening protocols, school reopening communications, schools that have closed, and schools with COVID-19 cases, among other COVID-19 related issues.