Hunter McGuire Lower School of Stuart Hall
- Hunter McGuire seeks to instill in its students high standards for scholarship, integrity, leadership, and citizenship.
- Through a challenging child-centered curriculum offered in a stimulating, discovery-oriented environment, students grow to become enthusiastic learners, creative problem-solvers, and disciplined thinkers.
- A carefully designed program of academic excellence and an extensive, integrated enrichment program provides a foundation for lifelong learning.
- Hunter McGuire School believes that character building and respect for ones self as well as respect for the unique qualities of others are vital for the development of the whole child.
- In a nurturing environment that embraces diversity and fosters unity, children learn the values of honesty, personal responsibility, compassion, and service.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||Institute for Independent Education|
National Association of Independent Schools (NAIS)
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-5|
|Total Students||310 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 26%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||43 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||7:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree|
|Average Class Size||17 students|
|Average SAT score||1200|
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$8,100|
|% on Financial Aid|
|Average Financial Aid Grant||$2,200|
|Admissions Director||Ann Snyder|
|Admissions Associate||Alisa Loughlin|
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||3 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||basketball, chess club, socce|
- Challenging Academic Program
- Art, Music, Technology, Spanish, and PE
- Bus Service
- Emphasis on Scholarship, Citizenship, Leadership
- Financial Aid Available
- People that viewed Hunter McGuire Lower School of Stuart Hall also viewed these schools: Staunton Montessori School.
Nearby Homes for Sale
January 16, 2018
Part of the private school selection process is financial aid. We point out five issues about which you should be aware.
January 16, 2018
We look at why tuition costs vary so widely from school to school.
January 08, 2018
Changes to the Tax Code in late 2017 included the addition of saving for K-12 private school education to 529 plans. We take a look at what this means for families thinking about private school for their children.