Our staff takes great pride in being able to make a difference in a child's life.
We have all developed our special ways of showing love, dedication and improving the quality of education for children in our community.
A majority of the staff have been with KinderCare and the community for numerous years; and we can all agree that our extended family grows every time a new family joins our center.
Our staff is very eager to meet all the new families that come to our center; and we look forward to making a positive and lasting impression on the child and their family.
- School Type: Early Childhood / Day Care
- Grades: Nursery/Preschool-Prekindergarten
- Application Deadline: None / Rolling
- Source: National Center for Education Statistics (NCES)
Student Body Type
Tuition and Acceptance Rate
None / Rolling
- Welcome to KinderCare at Idlewild in Charlotte, North Carolina. We
are pleased and honored that you have chosen our center as a
potential place of education and care for your family. The teachers
and staff here at KinderCare are very dedicated to providing the
highest quality of care and educational experiences to the children
we serve. We are committed to building lasting partnerships with
our families, and our community. A majority of ourstaff team
has been here for numerous years and continues to enhance
their knowledge, and education in the field of early childhood
education. We provide a safe, secure and enriching environment,
starting from our front doors to our spacious playground. Our great
curriculum and programming is prevalent throughout our center and
implemented throughout every age group. We personally invite you to
come and tour our facility, meet our passionate staff, and embrace
the love, and care that we provide year-round.
- We provide a clean, safe and secure environment every day. KinderCare provides CPR and First Aid for all employees. All staff members working with infants and toddlers have a certification in SIDS training. Our front entrance has a keypad entry and an exit button on the inside to open the door when exiting the building. All playgrounds are enclosed with eight foot fencing. With our Health and Safety Coordinator, and our North Carolina Child Care Health Consultant we strive to stay on top of all environmental and health regulations.
- Hours Of Operation: 6:30 AM to 6:30 PM, M-F
- Accreditations: NAC
- Enrollment: Min Age - 6 Weeks, Max Age - 12 Year-Olds
- Childcare Resources, NACCRRA, State employees receive 10% discount, like teachers, etc.
- Infant Programs (6 Weeks – 1 Year), Toddler Programs (1 – 2 Years), Discovery Preschool Programs (2 – 3 Years), Preschool Programs (3 – 4 Years), Prekindergarten Programs (4 – 5 Years), Before and After School Programs (5–12 Years), Summer Programs (preschool, prekindergarten, and school-age)
Source: National Center for Education Statistics (NCES)
Frequently Asked Questions
When is the application deadline for Idlewild KinderCare?
The application deadline for Idlewild KinderCare is rolling (applications are reviewed as they are received year-round).
Endorse Idlewild KinderCare. Endorsements should be a few sentences in length. Please include any comments on:
- Quality of academic programs, teachers, and facilities
- Availability of music, art, sports and other extracurricular activities
- Academic or athletic awards
Making Social Media Work for Your School
An introduction to using Facebook, YouTube and Pinterest to promote your school.
SEO for Private Schools - Part 3: Using Social Media
Social media for private K-12 schools is a bit different from social media for businesses. Some tips and strategies here.
The Pros and Cons of Teaching Overseas
Hundreds of private schools, and for that matter, public schools, outside the United States will be happy to have you as a teacher for a few years.