Immaculate Conception School
- Immaculate Conception School exists for the integral Catholic education of youth, especially those of the working class, developing their potential as good Chrisitans and honest citizens.
- This education is carried out in a family spirit, utilizing the principles of reason, religion and loving kindness as taught by St. John Bosco and St. Mary Mazzarello.
- From its establishment, Immaculate Conception School has strived to provide an effective Catholic educational foundation for the children of Marrero and the surrounding areas.
- The parish school is an integral part of the mission of Immaculate Conception Church, which is to teach as Jesus did, to build up the Catholic Community and to sanctify its members.
- Its mission is to cooperate with the parents in developing the whole child.
- We accomplish this by nurturing Christian values in the students and forming them with good spiritual, moral, mental and physical habits.
- These habits should be in accordance with the message revealed by God, which the church proclaims.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Catholic Educational Association (NCEA)|
Other religious school association(s)
National Association of Private Special Education Centers
|Religious Affiliation||Roman Catholic|
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-7|
|Total Students||716 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 21%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||34 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||21:1|
National avg.: 13:1
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Marrero Grades: PK-7 | 556 students
3520 Ames Blvd
Marrero, LA 70072
(504) 347-3377 3.3 PK-7
- Gretna Grades: PK-7 | 279 students
2106 Deerfield Rd
Gretna, LA 70056
(504) 367-3601 4.2 PK-7
- Gretna Grades: PK-7 | 311 students
3610 Claire Ave
Gretna, LA 70053
(504) 366-3538 3.3 PK-7
My daughter goes to this school, and she's in pre-k and she loves this school and so does she. Since she started attending ICS, she is even smarter and more knowledgeable and it makes me a proud mother. The children's learning has no end. If you are contemplating about sending your child here, please do and you as well as your child will be so happy. This school makes learning fun!!!
- Posted by Parent - OQuinn
I have two students currently at ICS. One is in first grade and the other in third, and this is our fourth year as part of the ICS family. I''ve been very pleased with this school on all fronts; the academics are first class, family support is outstanding, and perhaps most importantly, they believe in high standards in a loving, diverse and supportive environment. The kids are happy and engaged every day, and complain when I pick them up that they do not want to leave. There is low teacher turnover, and the administration is accessible and very in touch with each student as an individual, never a "number". I can't recommend this school enough, and am proud to be an ICS mom.
- Posted by Parent - sarah
As the COVID-19 virus spreads throughout the United States, we look at steps schools and parents can take to protect themselves from this highly contagious virus.
Raising children involves constant attention to their development and progress. Identifying learning disabilities must be part of your plan.
This article aims to show you where to look for information about school reopening protocols, school reopening communications, schools that have closed, and schools with COVID-19 cases, among other COVID-19 related issues.