Archbishop Shaw High School
- Archbishop Shaw has offered a quality college preparatory education to boys on the Westbank since 1962.
- Archbishop Shaw High School is an Archdiocesan school administered under the auspices of the Salesians of St. John Bosco.
- It is approved by the Louisiana State Department of Education and the Southern Association of Secondary Schools and Colleges.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Catholic Educational Association (NCEA)|
Other religious school association(s)
|Religious Affiliation||Roman Catholic|
|Grades Offered||Grades 8-12|
|Total Students||431 students|
|Student Body Type||All-boys|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 21%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||35 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||12:1|
National avg.: 13:1
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Admissions Director||Mr. Matthew Ducote|
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Marrero Grades: PK-12 | 33 students
812 Avenue F
Marrero, LA 70072
(504)328-2273 0.3 PK-12
- Metairie Grades: K-12 | 282 students
4828 Utica St
Metairie, LA 70006
(504)885-4700 9.1 K-12
The Seattle area is home to many fine private schools as well as to major companies such as Microsoft, Boeing and Starbucks.
Religion is important to you. You want your children to be educated in a school where your religion matters.
The COVID-19 has turned our lives upside down. Sending your children back to school raises all sorts of concerns for their safety and education. We answer some of your questions here.