Immaculate Heart Central School
Quick Stats (2023)
- Top Ranked NY School
- Grades: Prekindergarten-12
- Enrollment: 340 students
- Acceptance rate: 99%
- Average class size: 12 students
- Application Deadline: None / Rolling
- Source: Verified school update
Immaculate Heart Central School ranks among the top 20% of private schools in New York for:
Academics and Faculty
Tuition and Acceptance Rate
Club or Organization:
Mystery Players, Senior Slide Show Committee, Servants Hearts Club, Student Government, Whiz Quiz Team
Arts and Music Programs:
Art and Photography Club, Chorus
- Immaculate Heart Central (IHC) is a Pre-Kindergarten to 12th grade Catholic school system and a ministry of the Sisters of Saint Joseph, who founded the school in 1881. IHC is the largest and most prominent non-public educational alternative in the Greater Watertown, NY area, educating over 450 students in grades Pre-K to 12. IHC Junior/Senior High School is fully accredited by the prestigious Commission on Secondary Education of the Middle States Association of Colleges and Schools. The High School enrolls over thirty international exchange students from eight to ten countries per year, bringing cultural diversity and universality that is an essential part of Catholicism. IHC`s highly respected St. John Bosco Pre-School program, educates three and four-year old students in a variety of two, three, and five-day per week programs. IHC`s student body is predominately from the Watertown Central School District, but includes students from about fourteen local school districts, depending on the year. Nearly thirty percent of IHC`s students are from families of active-duty soldiers stationed at nearby Fort Drum. IHC has a reputation for exceptional academics, with the highest average New York State standardized test scores among all districts in the local area (these tests include annual Math and English Language Arts tests for grades 3 to 8, and the New York State Regents Exams for grades 9 to 12). IHC Junior/Senior High School has a nearly 100% graduation and college matriculation rate. The Junior/Senior High School teaches a college-preparatory curriculum combined with the daily study and practice of the Catholic faith. The curriculum includes a number of Honors, Advanced Placement, and college EDGE courses in all core areas, a variety of electives, and musical, visual, and performing arts programs.IHC`s students are extremely active in community service projects throughout the local area. The Junior/Senior High School also has a highly respected athletic program which, despite the school`s relatively small size, has garnered numerous Section, League, and State Championship titles over the years. IHC is truly a tight-knit "faith community" of students, parents, grandparents, teachers, thousands of alumni, local parishioners and other community members committed to quality Catholic education. The spirit of community, and the "small school feel," is one of the school system`s great strengths. IHC has a committed and quality faculty of teachers in Kindergarten through 12th grade, which enables the school to maintain class sizes of approximately 19:1. High quality faculty combined with small class sizes promotes individual attention, participation, and the opportunity for group work. Come for a visit and see how good a school can be!
Frequently Asked Questions
What schools are Immaculate Heart Central School often compared to?
Immaculate Heart Central Schoolis often viewed alongside schools like Faith Fellowship Christian School by visitors of our site.
What is the acceptance rate of Immaculate Heart Central School?
The acceptance rate of Immaculate Heart Central School is 99%, which is higher than the national average of 79%.
What sports does Immaculate Heart Central School offer?
Immaculate Heart Central School offers 7 interscholastic sports: Baseball, Basketball, Golf, Ice Hockey, Lacrosse, Soccer and Tennis.
What is Immaculate Heart Central School's ranking?
Immaculate Heart Central School ranks among the top 20% of private schools in New York for: Largest student body and Oldest founding date.
When is the application deadline for Immaculate Heart Central School?
The application deadline for Immaculate Heart Central School is rolling (applications are reviewed as they are received year-round).
Endorse Immaculate Heart Central School. Endorsements should be a few sentences in length. Please include any comments on:
- Quality of academic programs, teachers, and facilities
- Availability of music, art, sports and other extracurricular activities
- Academic or athletic awards