Montessori School Of Syracuse
- The Montessori School of Syracuse provides children ages 3 to 12 with a quality education based on Montessori philosophy and methods.
- We strive for our students to reach their full potential as enthusiastic, self-directed, life-long learners and caring, global citizens.
- Our faculty and staff have a deep respect for each child as an individual.
- In keeping with the Montessori philosophy, we aim to give each child as much independence as possible while adhering to a carefully designed curriculum.
- Teachers move among the children, observing their work, introducing materials at appropriate times and directing them through a logical progression of skills.
- Our students learn by working with carefully designed Montessori materials.
- These materials encourage hands-on manipulation and exploration, and they help students thoroughly understand the concepts they are learning.
- By encouraging students to use a personal-best approach rather than peer competition, the Montessori School of Syracuse nurtures children's curiosity, creativity and cooperation and builds self-confidence, compassion and leadership.
|School Type||Montessori School|
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||American Montessori Society (AMS)|
Other Montessori association(s)
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-6|
|Summer School Offered||Yes|
|Total Students||150 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 29%
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||19 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||8:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|Average Class Size||25 students|
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Tuition Notes||Tuition costs available on our website.|
|Admissions Director||Susan French-Lawyer|
- Montessori Trained teachers
- Nature Education Program
- French instruction beginning at age 3
- Music instruction includes Orff and recorder; after school instruction includes African Drumming, piano and Suzuki violin
- multi-age classrooms
- Family Celebrations include Harvest Festival, Peace Celebration and Cultural Festival
- Graduates go on to local private and public schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Syracuse Grades: K-8 | 25 students
5205 Jamesville Road, Dewitt
Syracuse, NY 13214
(315) 475-6453 1.9 K-8
- Syracuse Grades: PK-12 | 350 students
5300 Jamesville Rd
Syracuse, NY 13214
(315) 446-2452 2 PK-12
- Syracuse Grades: PK-12 | 238 students
3740 Midland Ave
Syracuse, NY 13205
(315) 469-7777 2.5 PK-12
- Syracuse Grades: PK-6 | 352 students
411 S Main St
Syracuse, NY 13212
(315) 458-6036 7.3 PK-6
- Syracuse Grades: PK-6 | 256 students
3129 James Street
Syracuse, NY 13206
(315) 463-1261 2.9 PK-6
You will encounter COOP, HSPT and TACHS if you are applying to some Roman Catholic high schools.
This article aims to show you where to look for information about school reopening protocols, school reopening communications, schools that have closed, and schools with COVID-19 cases, among other COVID-19 related issues.
The COVID-19 has turned our lives upside down. Sending your children back to school raises all sorts of concerns for their safety and education. We answer some of your questions here.