- With Indian Values at the heart of our mission, the Indian Community School provides each child in our care with the best educational opportunities or develop spiritually, morally, emotionally, physically, socially, artistically and intellectually in order to achieve the child's greatest personal and community potential.
- Core values are gifts from the creator that express the Indian philosophy of life through fundamental convictions, collective beliefs and exemplary character.
- Among the many core values given by the creator, the Indian community school experience focuses on Bravery, Love, Truth, Wisdom, Humility, Loyalty, Respect.We believe the role of the Indian Community School is not confined to the world of academics, but must be strongly based in our native cultures and traditions.
- American Indian spirituality, languages, ceremonies, cultural identity, and pride are major components of our children’s education.
- All of our teachings, whether it is math or tribal creation stories, incorporate seven core values: bravery, love, truth, wisdom, humility, loyalty, and respect.
- It is our belief that students who embrace these values will be successful not only in school, but life as well.
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-8|
|Total Students||298 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color||
State avg.: 28%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||16 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||19:1
National avg.: 13:1
|Average Class Size||20 students|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
- School Location Miles Grades Students
MilwaukeeGrades: PK-12 | 412 students
5375 N Green Bay Avenue
Milwaukee, WI 53209
WauwatosaGrades: PK-8 | 235 students
2750 N 122nd St
Wauwatosa, WI 53222
MilwaukeeGrades: PK-8 | 303 students
10025 West North Avenue
Milwaukee, WI 53226
West AllisGrades: PK-8 | 112 students
7821 W Lincoln Ave
West Allis, WI 53219
NashotahGrades: PK-8 | 111 students
120 Nashotah Road
Nashotah, WI 53058