J Bar J Learning Centers
- The Northwest premier therapeutic boarding School for adolescent girls. Located in Bend, Oregon, we accept at-risk girls 13-18 years old. Includes optional equine therapy program. Operating for 18 years with an verage length of stay is 12-18 months. Proven, Individualized approach to therapy with Dr. Julie Schneider. Excellent academic results: Over a year, students on average jumped 2 grade levels in writing, 4.2 grade levels in math, and 2.3 grade levels in reading.
J Bar J Learning Centers places among the top 20% of private schools in Oregon for:
- Category Attribute
- Advanced Degrees Highest percentage of faculty with advanced degrees
|School Type||Alternative School|
|Grades Offered||Grades 8-12|
|Summer School Offered||Yes|
|Total Students||59 students|
|Student Body Type||All-boys|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 22%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||6 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||10:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$5,900|
|Tuition Notes||per month|
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||1 extracurricular|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Equine Assisted Psychotherapy|
- Problems with your daughter running away, doing drugs, dropping out of high school Consider the Academy at Sister (www.academyatsisters.org).
Nearby Private Schools
- The nearest high school, elementary school and preschool to J Bar J Learning Centers is Trinity Lutheran School (1.0 miles away)
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Bend Grades: PK-K | 40 students
1270 Ne 27th St
Bend, OR 97701
(541) 382-5496 1.8 PK-K
- Bend Grades: K-1 | 61 students
63176 Watercress Way
Bend, OR 97701
(541) 318-5455 1.8 K-1
Whether you are just beginning the process of choosing a private school or several months into it, make sure that you keep these five 'must haves' front and center in your thinking.
Are charter schools private schools? What do vouchers have to do with private schools? Some answers here.
You cannot rank private schools. We explain why.