Jacksonville Country Day School
5.00 (1 review)
Jacksonville Country Day School Photo #2 - Through innovative learning and the latest technology, Jacksonville Country Day School students are fully prepared for their futures.
Jacksonville Country Day School Photo #3 - Whole child education lets children develop their full range of talents while building confidence. All students participate in art, Spanish, technology, library, science lab, and music classes about once a week.
Jacksonville Country Day School Photo #4 - JCDS students enjoy daily PE, which includes swimming, and recess. This focus on healthy activity supports optimal classroom learning as exercise is proven to improve brain function.
Jacksonville Country Day School Photo #5 - Jacksonville Country Day School offers students small class sizes and individual attention.
Jacksonville Country Day School Photo #6 - Jacksonville Country Day School offers a safe campus and state-of-the-art facilities that are centered around giving children an ideal environment for learning and growing.
Jacksonville Country Day School Photo #7 - Jacksonville Country Day School differentiates learning to ensure that instruction and programs are tailored to the learning needs of individual students.
Jacksonville Country Day School Photo #8 - Jacksonville Country Day School is a diverse community where children learn to interact and value those from other cultures.
- Jacksonville Country Day School prepares Pre-K 3 through 6th grade students for academic success.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Association of Independent Schools (NAIS)|
Southern Association Of Colleges And Schools (SACS)
Florida Council of Independent Schools (FCIS)
Florida Kindergarten Council (FKC)
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-6|
|Learning Difference Programs||Yes|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 41%
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||60 teachers|
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree|
|Average Class Size||18 students|
|List of Courses Offered||Link to List of Courses|
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Admissions Director||Krista Pizzi|
|Admissions Associate||Katie Bono|
|Total Sports Offered||11 sports|
|Sports||Ballet, Basketball, Cheering, Dance, Flag Football, Gymnastics, Indoor Soccer, Martial Arts, Soccer, Swimming, VolleyballBallet, Basketball,|
Flag Football, Gymnastics,
Indoor Soccer, Martial Arts,
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||12 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Art Sharks, Ballet, Band, Cheerleading, Chorus, Jazzy J's, Karate, Lego League, Math Olympiad|
Arts and Music Programs:
Little Sharks: Enrichment Explorations
Recreational Athletic Programs:
Soccer Academy, Soccer Team
- Through intellectual exploration, which involves project-based and transformative learning experiences, Jacksonville Country Day School prepares students for academic success.
- Strengthened by a supportive and nurturing community of educators, peers, and parents, JCDS students learn to approach challenges with creativity, perseverance, and confidence so that they can succeed.
- JCDS is committed to connecting with our community. This allows JCDS students to develop positive relationships that are grounded in empathy, respect, and thoughtful communication.
- JCDS students come to understand that responsibility is essential to having a healthy and productive life. Students also learn that through teamwork and leading by example, even the toughest challenges can be mastered.
Profile last updated:
- People that viewed Jacksonville Country Day School also viewed these schools: St Joseph Catholic School, University Christian School, The Bolles School, Children's Educational Services d.b.a. The Broach School and Crossroads Christian School and The Depaul School Of Ne Florida.
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Jacksonville Grades: PK-8 | 564 students
11600 Old Saint Augustine Road
Jacksonville, FL 32258
(904)268-6688 5 PK-8
- Jacksonville Grades: PK-12 | 1667 students
7400 San Jose Blvd
Jacksonville, FL 32217
(904)256-5002 5.4 PK-12
- Jacksonville Grades: NS-12
12276 San Jose Blvd. Suite 528
Jacksonville, FL 32223
(904)652-1282 7.2 NS-12
- Jacksonville Grades: 2-8 | 72 students
3044 S. San Pablo Road
Jacksonville, FL 32224
(904)223-3391 8.2 2-8
This is our 6th year at JCDS and we couldn't be more happy with our school. Our children are getting a great education, while having programs not typical in most elementary schools, such as daily PE and recess, swimming, Spanish, art, and music to name a few. There is a focus on character education as well as many wonderful enrichment opportunities. In addition, the teachers and staff are wonderful, caring people who provide an ideal environment for learning and success.
- Posted by Parent - Paige
You have just heard about a new private school opening soon in your area. Should you consider sending your child there? A look at the pros and cons of such a decision.
If you know the answers to all these questions, you probably teach or work in a private school. Be that as it may, these questions contain links with the answers.
As you evaluate schools, take time to explore fully what the schools which you are looking at teach.