Jacksonville Country Day School
Jacksonville Country Day School Photo #2 - Through innovative learning and the latest technology, Jacksonville Country Day School students are fully prepared for their futures.
Jacksonville Country Day School Photo #3 - Whole child education lets children develop their full range of talents while building confidence. All students participate in art, Spanish, technology, library, science lab, and music classes about once a week.
Jacksonville Country Day School Photo #4 - JCDS students enjoy daily PE, which includes swimming, and recess. This focus on healthy activity supports optimal classroom learning as exercise is proven to improve brain function.
Jacksonville Country Day School Photo #5 - Jacksonville Country Day School offers students small class sizes and individual attention.
Jacksonville Country Day School Photo #6 - Jacksonville Country Day School offers a safe campus and state-of-the-art facilities that are centered around giving children an ideal environment for learning and growing.
Jacksonville Country Day School Photo #7 - Jacksonville Country Day School differentiates learning to ensure that instruction and programs are tailored to the learning needs of individual students.
Jacksonville Country Day School Photo #8 - Jacksonville Country Day School is a diverse community where children learn to interact and value those from other cultures.
- Through intellectual exploration, which involves project-based and hands-on learning experiences, Jacksonville Country Day School prepares students for success at the next academic level and beyond.
- Strengthened by a supportive and nurturing community of teachers, peers, and parents, JCDS students learn to approach challenges with creativity and perseverance, resulting in the confidence that they can succeed JCDS is committed to connecting our community.
- This allows JCDS students to develop positive relationships that are grounded in empathy and thoughtful, honest communication.
- JCDS students come to understand that respect and responsibility are essential to having a healthy and productive life.Students also learn that through teamwork and leading by example even the toughest challenges can be overcome.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Association of Independent Schools (NAIS)|
Southern Association Of Colleges And Schools (SACS)
Florida Council of Independent Schools (FCIS)
Florida Kindergarten Council (FKC)
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-6|
|Summer School Offered||Yes|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 41%
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||60 teachers|
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree|
|Average Class Size||18 students|
|List of Courses Offered||Link to List of Courses|
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||Jan. 15 / rolling|
|Admissions Director||Krista Pizzi|
|Admissions Associate||Lori Hall|
|Total Sports Offered||11 sports|
|Sports||Ballet, Basketball, Cheering, Dance, Flag Football, Gymnastics, Indoor Soccer, Martial Arts, Soccer, Swimming, VolleyballBallet, Basketball,|
Flag Football, Gymnastics,
Indoor Soccer, Martial Arts,
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||12 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Art Sharks, Ballet, Band, Cheerleading, Chorus, Jazzy J's, Karate, Lego League, Math Olympiad|
Arts and Music Programs:
Little Sharks: Enrichment Explorations
Recreational Athletic Programs:
Soccer Academy, Soccer Team
Jacksonville Country Day School provides the highest quality educational experience through:
- A highly effective faculty and staff who teach children to think and care about their world.
- Character education that reinforces values taught at home. The program emphasizes empathy and kindness. Service learning is a key part of the program, and all faculty and staff members model the values they teach.
- A nurturing environment where students feel at home, safe, and emotionally secure as they learn.
- A challenging and innovative curriculum so that students become self-directed learners and independent, critical thinkers. Students develop teamwork and problem-solving skills, and enhance their creativity, through project-based learning.
- The development of social and emotional skills.
- A diverse community where children learn to interact and value those from other cultures so they are better prepared for their future schools and workplaces.
- A focus on living healthy, which is reinforced through daily physical education and recess, supports optimal classroom learning as exercise and nutrition are proven to improve brain function.
- Developmentally appropriate practices that lead to a self-directed and engaged child who is taught at the right level for her or his age and ability.
- A school culture of continual learning through professional development leads to an enthusiastic faculty who follow best practices and stay current with the latest research.
- Whole child education lets children develop their full range of talents while building confidence. All students participate in art, Spanish, technology, library, science lab, and music classes about once a week.
- A safe campus and state-of-the-art facilities that are centered around giving children an ideal environment for learning and growing.
- Differentiated learning to ensure that instruction and program are tailored to the learning needs of individual students.
- A full slate of after school enrichment programs including dance, band, swimming, art, team sports, and more!
Profile last updated:
- People that viewed Jacksonville Country Day School also viewed these schools: St Joseph Catholic School, University Christian School, The Bolles School, Children's Educational Services d.b.a. The Broach School and Crossroads Christian School and Eagle Academy.
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Jacksonville Grades: PK-8 | 525 students
11600 Old Saint Augustine Road
Jacksonville, FL 32258
(904)268-6688 5 PK-8
- Jacksonville Grades: PK-12 | 1667 students
7400 San Jose Blvd
Jacksonville, FL 32217
(904)256-5002 5.4 PK-12
- Jacksonville Grades: K-12
12276 San Jose Blvd. Suite 528
Jacksonville, FL 32223
(904)652-1282 7.2 K-12
- Jacksonville Grades: NS
8985 Lone Star Road
Jacksonville, FL 32211
(904)722-9223 8.6 NS
This hub page lists over three dozen articles dealing with issues in high school such as academics and discipline.
Seemingly never-ending school shootings prompted me to find out whether private schools were safer than public schools. Some answers and opinions on the matter here.
We look at ways in which your small to medium-sized private school can use social media to make families past, present, and future aware of your school.