Academie De Montessori
- In Italy 1907, the first Montessori school, Casa dei Bambini opened its doors.
- Based on the educational methodology of Dr. Maria Montessori, the Academie de Montessori serves children age two through sixth grade in an atmosphere of "respect" and beauty.
- Nestled in the village-like San Marco area, children follow a self-paced curriculum with three-year age span groupings.
- This social structure coupled with nurturing, experienced instructors, fosters a strong sense of community.
- With gentle guidance, a "family" emerges within the classroom. The Academie de Montessori School offers the child a carefully "prepared" environment in which to cultivate one's true potential.
Academie De Montessori places among the top 20% of private schools in Florida for:
- Category Attribute
- Advanced Degrees Highest percentage of faculty with advanced degrees
|School Type||Montessori School|
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||American Montessori Society (AMS)|
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-5|
|Summer School Offered||Yes|
|Total Students||52 students|
|Student Body Type||n/a|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 41%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||5 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||10:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree|
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Jacksonville Grades: NS-5 | 89 students
3718 Salisbury Road
Jacksonville, FL 32216
(904)733-5797 4.9 NS-5
- Jacksonville Grades: PK-8 | 599 students
2431 Atlantic Blvd
Jacksonville, FL 32207
(904)398-1774 1.1 PK-8
- Jacksonville Grades: NS-8 | 229 students
4826 Baymeadows Rd
Jacksonville, FL 32217
(904)733-3400 7 NS-8
Learn more about Financing Your Kids’ Education in Private School.
Our children's education is a critical concern. That's why we elected to send our kids to private school in the first place. However, this COVID-19 virus is controlling everything. And it will continue to do so indefinitely until we have vaccines to protect us. With that in mind, here are five things you need to do when you are a parent with children in private school during this horrific pandemic.
If you are thinking about private school for your child in the aftermath of the 2020 COVID-19 pandemic, you should exercise even more due diligence than you usually would. More here.