Academie de Montessori
- In Italy 1907, the first Montessori school, Casa dei Bambini opened its doors.
- Based on the educational methodology of Dr. Maria Montessori, the Academie de Montessori serves children age two through sixth grade in an atmosphere of "respect" and beauty.
- Nestled in the village-like San Marco area, children follow a self-paced curriculum with three-year age span groupings.
- This social structure coupled with nurturing, experienced instructors, fosters a strong sense of community.
- With gentle guidance, a "family" emerges within the classroom. The Academie de Montessori School offers the child a carefully "prepared" environment in which to cultivate one's true potential.
|School Type||Montessori School|
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||American Montessori Society (AMS)|
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-6|
|Total Students||71 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 32%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||5 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||14:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree|
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- JacksonvilleGrades: NS-5 | 89 students
3718 Salisbury Road
Jacksonville, FL 32216
- JacksonvilleGrades: NS-6 | 471 students
4114 Oxford Avenue
Jacksonville, FL 32210
- JacksonvilleGrades: PK-12 | 20 students
1351 Sprinkle Drive
Jacksonville, FL 32211
- JacksonvilleGrades: K-12 | 144 students
9840 Wagner Rd
Jacksonville, FL 32219
- JacksonvilleGrades: K-12 | 369 students
5725 Fort Caroline Rd
Jacksonville, FL 32277
September 05, 2017
If you live outside the United States, choosing an American private school can be a confusing process. Here is an overview of the process.
September 05, 2017
Never lose sight of why you are planning to send your child to private school. This list of ten considerations will help you focus on the things which matter.
September 04, 2017
Use this hub to keep track of the steps in the private schools' admission process.