Jesus Chapel School
5.00 (5 reviews)
Tel: (915) 593-1153
- As a Private, Christian school, we will be offering in person classes with rigerous safety protocols, and a virtual option for school starting August 10, 2020.
- Our Mission: To strive for excellence in all disciplines, while proividing a Biblical foundation to guide students for eternity.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||Oral Roberts University Educational Fellowship (ORUEF)|
Other religious school association(s)
Texas Association of Accredited Private Schools (TAAPS)
Texas Private School Accreditation Commission
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-12|
|Total Students||91 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||21 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||4:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|Average Class Size||8 students|
|Advanced Courses||Anatomy/Physiology, Calculus, Dual Credit Classes, Physics, Pre-Cal/Trig|
|Average SAT score||1210|
|Average ACT score||19|
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual|
(Jesus Chapel Polo, jeans or khaki pants)
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$5,500|
|Tuition Notes||$300 discount for each additional student Program fee applies, varies based on grade level and athletic participation|
National avg.: 85%
|Admissions Director||Alba Wilcox, Principal|
|Admissions Associate||Jennifer Muller, Office Mgr|
|Total Sports Offered||7 sports|
|Sports||Basketball, Cheering, Flag Football, Football, Soccer, Track and Field, VolleyballBasketball, Cheering,|
Flag Football, Football,
Soccer, Track and Field,
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||5 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Arts and Music Programs:|
Art, Band Program, Choir, Drama, Media Technology
- Fully Accredited by the ICAA and AdvancED (highest form of accreditation)
- Recognized by TEPSAC
- Member of TAPPS and ORUEF
- Only private school in El Paso to offer a fine arts program for PreK-12th grades - including music, art, and computers.
- Saxon, ABeka, and Bob Jones curriculum
- National Honor Society
- Honors Diploma track
- Dual Credit Courses
- Competitive athletics for 6th-12th grade. Boys - 6 man football, basketball, track. Girls- Volleyball, Basketball, Track, Cheer (9-12th only)
- Competitive Fine Arts programs - Art, Drama, Vocal, Instrumental. and Media Technology
- All teachers are degreed
Profile last updated:
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- El Paso Grades: PK-4 | 50 students
1208 Sumac Dr
El Paso, TX 79925
(915) 595-1328 1.6 PK-4
- El Paso Grades: PK-12 | 422 students
8960 Escobar Drive
El Paso, TX 79907
(915) 594-3305 5.2 PK-12
My daughter attended this school from 6 to 12 grades. She graduated prepared for life spiritually, academically and socially. She was awarded academic, athletic and vocal scholarships. I am so grateful for Jesus Chapel School and the staff and everything that they poured into my daughter.
- Posted by Parent - Asanchez
This school is a hidden gem! The green courtyard is a warm welcome where my boy quickly felt secure when he first visited the campus. A year and a half later, after transferring my 2nd grader to JCS, there is no doubt that we made the right choice for my son. The small teacher-to-student ratio has been the best benefit for my son. He can get personal attention that focuses on both his strengths and weaknesses. Above all, he has frequent small victories and a feeling of success. I can't say enough about this Christian learning environment that has helped my son thrive in his faith in the name of Jesus.
- Posted by Parent - MARLENE V.
JCS has been a wonderful school for my son, who started as a first grader. Struggling with reading, the small teacher-student ratio helped my son receive the focus and customized attention he needed to thrive. Now as a second grader, he is well engaged in the classroom and absolutely loves the daily morning praise and worship to Jesus!
- Posted by Parent - Mario
I love the small, family environment at JCS. Strong academic program, fine arts, and athletics. And most of all, Jesus is the center of everything.
- Posted by Parent - Jennifer
Great school all around making the student very well rounded individuals who serve the country and God.
- Posted by Parent - Jymes
If you live outside the United States, choosing an American private school can be a confusing process. Here is an overview of the process.
Many people thought vouchers would never amount to much. Not only have they amounted to a great deal more than anybody could have thought, but vouchers have encouraged several more education choices to flourish.
Now that school has safely reopened, what can we parents do to support and encourage the schools we care about so much?