- Kennedy Catholic High School located in Somers, New York is Northern Westchester`s premier college-preparatory High School serving the young men and women of Westchester, Putnam, Dutchess, and Fairfield counties and the Bronx.
- Kennedy Catholic follows a rigorous Regents curriculum that prepares students for a successful college career while at the same time training young people in the sound doctrine of Catholic faith to prepare them for living out Christ`s message of service to the world.Founded in 1928 by the Sisters of Divine Compassion as St. Mary`s School in Katonah, the current school was built in 1966 on its present site in a serene 64 acre site setting which includes the natural beauty of a lake and woodlands.
- Here, Kennedy Catholic students pursue a structured student life including 4 years of theology to learn about God and His church, contemplative retreat programs, a strong sacramental life and a Christian Community Service program which sets Kennedy students apart.
- Students are well prepared not only for college, but for a successful life.Kennedy Catholic`s recent graduating class, the Class of 2016, has garnered over 29 million dollars in college scholarship money underlining the success and recognition of what it means to become a graduate of the school.
- Kennedy has a strong PSAT preparation program and several recent National Merit Commendations and a Finalist in the Class of 2016.
- The school`s broad offerings in academics, fine arts and athletics prepare young people for the all-round strengths which colleges look for when they select strong students to represent their schools.
- Talented students in Studio Art have been recognized for their work through the Art Teachers Association members in the National Art Honor Society for NYS Art excellence.
- Performing Arts students have received numerous Metropolitan High School Theatre Awards nominations.
- Kennedy has more than 50 sports teams and student-athletes have led Kennedy to many league championships.
- A regulation baseball field, artificial turf softball field, competition artificial turf main field, a renovated gymnasium, and a newly installed state-of-the-art track, have Kennedy poised to keep winning and succeeding.Students are led in their studies by a teaching staff of professional educators who have demonstrated their own academic excellence.
- Educators at Kennedy Catholic hold Master`s degrees or higher in their field of study.
- Eligible students can pursue a rigorous Honors program leading to a broad selection of Advancement Placement coursework offerings. Courses for college credit are also available through St. John`s University College Advantage Program, Iona College`s Link Program and SUNY Albany.
- Many students take advantage of the opportunity to earn real college credits in a variety of subjects while still in High School saving both time and money as they advance their college careers.Kennedy Catholic is committed to providing accessible transportation to its students from several locales.
- Local district busing, shuttle van services from nearby Metro North at Golden`s Bridge, and Kennedy Catholic Shuttle busing from several county-wide locations ensure that all roads lead to Kennedy.Kennedy Catholic is a private school dependent on the generosity of many to maintain its consistently high level of programming and to keep tuition affordable.
- We invite, and depend on, parents, families, and alumni to generously support fundraising efforts according to their means through either donations of their time or talents as well as financial donations in order to bridge the actual cost of this college-preparatory education with affordable tuition rates offered to families.
- We rely on our dedicated Kennedy community to keep Kennedy growing, remodeling, improving and maintaining a cutting edge in the field of education which benefits our students and their families for many years to come.Schedule a visit.
- Come for a tour.Let us show you what Catholic education can be for your family.We are Kennedy Catholic. Our Mission Statement - We are Kennedy Catholic.We are strong and committed Christian leaders who are determined to make a difference for Christ in our world and the lives of others.Through the development of mind, body and spirit we will strive always for excellence and the highest standards in Catholic education.We are Courageous and Compassionate We are Kennedy Catholic!.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Catholic Educational Association (NCEA)|
|Religious Affiliation||Roman Catholic|
|Grades Offered||Grades 9-12|
|Total Students||565 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color||
State avg.: 30%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||37 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||15:1
National avg.: 13:1
|Classroom Dress Code||Formal|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$8,500|
|Admissions Director||Brian Bruder|
|Total Sports Offered||14 sports|
|Sports||Baseball, Basketball, Cross Country, Field Hockey, Football, Golf, Lacrosse, Soccer, Softball, Tennis, Track and Field, Volleyball, Winter Track, WrestlingBaseball, Basketball,
Cross Country, Field Hockey,
Track and Field, Volleyball,
Winter Track, Wrestling,
- School Location Miles Grades Students
YonkersGrades: 9-12 | 310 students
34 Convent Ave
Yonkers, NY 10703
HartsdaleGrades: 9-12 | 561 students
500 W Hartsdale Ave
Hartsdale, NY 10530
TarrytownGrades: K-12 | 847 students
293 Benedict Avenue
Tarrytown, NY 10591
New RochelleGrades: 9-12 | 771 students
255 Wilmot Road
New Rochelle, NY 10804
Yorktown HeightsGrades: 6-12 | 68 students
370 Underhill Avenue
Yorktown Heights, NY 10598
John F. Kennedy Catholic High School is a Catholic, co-educational school located in Somers, NY. It has a beautiful and welcoming campus overlooking water and a beautiful grotto. The student body are respectful each other and wear uniforms, say morning prayers and attend Mass every month and for Holy Days. The students are expected to do 150 hours of community service. Kennedy Catholic students score significantly higher on the SATS than the national average. Students can take college credits while attending Kennedy Catholic through their affiliations with Iona College, St. John's University, and SUNY Albany. Kennedy Catholic is one of the best academic learning institutions in Westchester County.
- Posted by Parent - celti
Nearby Homes for Sale
April 21, 2017
Making your job application easy to read will help your application make the first cut.
April 20, 2017
Private high schools offer strong college counseling programs which are ongoing and fully integrated into the daily activities.
April 19, 2017
As you narrow the field in your private school search process, you will develop a short list of three to five schools which you will evaluate in detail. Visiting each school is an essential part of your due diligence.