Seattle Christian Schools
5.00 (8 reviews)
Tel: (206) 246-8241
- Our mission at Seattle Christian Schools is to proclaim Jesus Christ in all aspects of our program, emphasizing academic excellence and biblical Christian values, partnering with parents and the church to prepare godly young men and women so that they may impact their world for Christ.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||Association of Christian Schools International (ACSI)|
|Grades Offered||Grades Kindergarten-12|
|Total Students||512 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 24%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||49 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||10:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|Number of AP Courses||7 courses|
|List of Courses Offered||Link to List of Courses|
|Advanced Courses||Calculus, English Lit, Physics, U.S. History|
|Average SAT score||1108|
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$11,500|
|Tuition Notes||Amount listed is an average of full-priced tuition - tuition ranges by grade level and tuition discounts are available based on financial need.|
|% on Financial Aid|
National avg.: 85%
|Admissions Director||Dawn Gorder|
|Total Sports Offered||10 sports|
|Sports||Baseball, Basketball, Cheering, Cross Country, Football, Golf, Soccer, Softball, Track and Field, VolleyballBaseball, Basketball,|
Cheering, Cross Country,
Track and Field, Volleyball,
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||1 extracurricular|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Club or Organization:|
- Founded in 1946, Seattle Christian Schools provides Christian families with a quality education based on scriptural principles and centered on Jesus Christ. Because Christian faith is the core of each and every person, SCS encourages students to see God's plan and revelation of Himself in each academic discipline. In all areas of our curricular and co-curricular activities, we strive to integrate biblical principles whether in the classroom, participating in fine arts or on the athletic field and court. Since each child in unique, SCS provides an environment where students can achieve at high academic levels, while ministering to the individual learning styles of our students. Each is encouraged to participate fully in the Christian school experience through involvement in service, missions, the fine arts, athletics and leadership opportunities at all grade levels. Seattle Christian Schools has a long history of success in meeting the educational needs of Christian parents and their children. Our goal is to prepare Christian leaders who can meet the demands of an ever-changing world equipped with the foundational truths of God's never-changing Word.
Profile last updated:
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Seattle Grades: 9-12 | 836 students
140 S 140th St
Seattle, WA 98168
(206) 246-0500 3.9 9-12
- Seattle Grades: 9-12 | 855 students
8200 Wallingford Ave N
Seattle, WA 98103
(206) 527-7711 17.5 9-12
- Kent Grades: PK-3 | 90 students
23810 112th Ave Se
Kent, WA 98031
(253) 854-3240 5.1 PK-3
- Renton Grades: NS-12 | 581 students
16700 174th Ave Se
Renton, WA 98058
(425) 255-7273 7.7 NS-12
- Tacoma Grades: NS-12 | 606 students
827 N Tacoma Ave
Tacoma, WA 98403
(253) 272-2216 14.7 NS-12
SCS was for us an absolute godsend. Initially, we looked at SCS for one of our high school kids who was struggling to thrive in public school. Once we learned what SCS had to offer, however, we decided to enroll both of our kids. The school embraces the highest academic standards, and it's also reassuring to know that the Judeo-Christian values we are teaching at home are not being undone or challenged in the classroom. Furthermore, the support both our kids have received at SCS is phenomenal. Smaller class sizes and teacher: student ratios means each child receives the personalized attention he or she needs. SCS made a radical difference in not only our children's education but in their spiritual development. Our kids are so grateful we made this change for them. Even our second child, who was initially ambivalent about the change, is so grateful to be where she is. As parents, we are thankful we made the choice to switch—only wish we'd done it sooner.
- Posted by Parent - Katherine
We have had our son at Seattle Christian for his second year now. We have faced many challenges this year with covid-19 and have had to face many changes as well. The teachers have been great with our son. He loves all of them so much, and you can tell the staff cares about the children who attend.
- Posted by Parent - Parent
I feel proud to belong to the Seattle Christian School Family. My kids are in elementary and they love their school, teachers and friends so much. This is an amazing school where everything revolves around Jesus and the Christian values.
- Posted by Parent - Parent of SCS elementary kids
My kids have been at Seattle Christian since Kindergarten and are currently going into 3rd and 5th grades. The community at this school is amazing and we are so grateful for the staff and families that we have the privilege of being with each day. Academically, my kids have had a well-rounded experience which includes strong core subjects as well as engaging activities around Bible, Social Studies, Science, Art, Music, PE, Library, and a variety of extracurricular activities. My daughter has gone to cheer camp led by the high school cheer squad, running club, and intramural basketball. My son has had the chance to play basketball, join a running club, chess club, sing in the school concert, and many other experiences I'm sure I'm forgetting. The teachers and staff have been supportive and caring. I love that my kids have three recesses each day and a good 25min lunch. It just feels like my kids are loved, challenged, and cultivated here and we couldn't be happier.
- Posted by Parent - SCS Elementary Parent
A Christ centered focus is what is provided at Seattle Christian Elementary School. Teachers are engaged and love their students while effectively equipping them in the educational material. Students are learning material and being equipped with a Biblical worldview. This is a fantastic community of families and educators.
- Posted by Parent - J.Greig
I've had children in the elementary school at Seattle Christian School and it has gotten better and better each year since we've been here. There has been some staff turnover since we started but it seems like the new staff coming in are really outstanding and a huge improvement to some that left. My students love the school. The especially love chapel. They also love not having uniforms though I wish they did!! We are so happy with the school and plan to stay here all the way through high school. The high school has so many sports to offer that you don't find in other private schools. You don't have to trade off between going to a private school and getting to participate in fun clubs and sports. We love it here!
- Posted by Parent - Elementary Parent
My kids have been attending since Kindergarten, and they've all done well. They enjoy their days, the amount of homework is not overbearing and I like the focus on character in addition to academics.
- Posted by Parent - RR
This is our first year here at SCS. Our experience has been a true blessing for my daughter and family! The principal and teachers have been an amazing support academically and emotionally. You can tell they care about your child! We came from a public school with some struggles, and so far this year my daughter has excelled tremendously! The other students attending SCS have welcomed her with open arms! I cant recommend SCS enough! I absolutely love the Christian atmosphere!
- Posted by Parent - Melody
Whether you are just beginning the process of choosing a private school or several months into it, make sure that you keep these five 'must haves' front and center in your thinking.
Are charter schools private schools? What do vouchers have to do with private schools? Some answers here.
You cannot rank private schools. We explain why.