Seattle Christian Schools
5.00 (3 reviews)
- Our mission at Seattle Christian Schools is to proclaim Jesus Christ in all aspects of our program, emphasizing academic excellence and biblical Christian values, partnering with parents and the church to prepare godly young men and women so that they may impact their world for Christ.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||Association of Christian Schools International (ACSI)|
|Grades Offered||Grades Nursery/Preschool-12|
|Total Students||512 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 23%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||49 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||10:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|Number of AP Courses||7 courses|
|Advanced Courses||Calculus, English Lit, Physics, U.S. History|
|Average SAT score||1108|
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$11,500|
|Tuition Notes||Amount listed is an average of full-priced tuition - tuition ranges by grade level and tuition discounts are available based on financial need.|
|% on Financial Aid|
National avg.: 85%
|Admissions Director||Dawn Gorder|
|Total Sports Offered||10 sports|
|Sports||Baseball, Basketball, Cheering, Cross Country, Football, Golf, Soccer, Softball, Track and Field, VolleyballBaseball, Basketball,|
Cheering, Cross Country,
Track and Field, Volleyball,
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||1 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Club or Organization:|
- Founded in 1946, Seattle Christian Schools provides Christian families with a quality education based on scriptural principles and centered on Jesus Christ. Because Christian faith is the core of each and every person, SCS encourages students to see God's plan and revelation of Himself in each academic discipline. In all areas of our curricular and co-curricular activities, we strive to integrate biblical principles whether in the classroom, participating in fine arts or on the athletic field and court. Since each child in unique, SCS provides an environment where students can achieve at high academic levels, while ministering to the individual learning styles of our students. Each is encouraged to participate fully in the Christian school experience through involvement in service, missions, the fine arts, athletics and leadership opportunities at all grade levels. Seattle Christian Schools has a long history of success in meeting the educational needs of Christian parents and their children. Our goal is to prepare Christian leaders who can meet the demands of an ever-changing world equipped with the foundational truths of God's never-changing Word.
Profile last updated:
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Seattle Grades: 9-12 | 836 students
140 S 140th St
Seattle, WA 98168
(206)246-0500 3.9 9-12
- Kent Grades: PK-2 | 86 students
23810 112th Ave Se
Kent, WA 98031
(253)854-3240 5.1 PK-2
- Renton Grades: NS-12 | 581 students
16700 174th Ave Se
Renton, WA 98058
(425)255-7273 7.7 NS-12
- Seattle Grades: 9-12 | 915 students
8200 Wallingford Ave N
Seattle, WA 98103
(206)527-7711 17.5 9-12
I've had children in the elementary school at Seattle Christian School and it has gotten better and better each year since we've been here. There has been some staff turnover since we started but it seems like the new staff coming in are really outstanding and a huge improvement to some that left. My students love the school. The especially love chapel. They also love not having uniforms though I wish they did!! We are so happy with the school and plan to stay here all the way through high school. The high school has so many sports to offer that you don't find in other private schools. You don't have to trade off between going to a private school and getting to participate in fun clubs and sports. We love it here!
- Posted by Parent - Elementary Parent
My kids have been attending since Kindergarten, and they've all done well. They enjoy their days, the amount of homework is not overbearing and I like the focus on character in addition to academics.
- Posted by Parent - RR
This is our first year here at SCS. Our experience has been a true blessing for my daughter and family! The principal and teachers have been an amazing support academically and emotionally. You can tell they care about your child! We came from a public school with some struggles, and so far this year my daughter has excelled tremendously! The other students attending SCS have welcomed her with open arms! I cant recommend SCS enough! I absolutely love the Christian atmosphere!
- Posted by Parent - Melody
We take a detailed look at the three popular early childhood methods to help you determine which one best suits your needs and requirements.
This article aggregates all the articles I have written about running a small private school. Use it as a handbook and a reminder of things you should look at from time to time.
Ever wish you could pick the brain of A+ students? Well, we did it for you — we spoke with dozens of students and educators to find out their secrets for success.