Ketchum-grande School Of The Charlton School.
Tel: (518) 399-8182
- The Ketchum-Grande Memorial School, the on-campus school of The Charlton School, is approved by the New York State Education Department to provide special education to classified students placed in residence by their counties or by the Committees on Special Education of their school districts.
- The educational program at includes a day program option, for some students, as they transition home from residential placement.
- Students, from grades eight to eleven attend small classes and instruction is individualized with intensive academic and counseling support to help each student achieve school success.
- The school follows State recommended curriculums and prepares students to meet graduation requirements, including passing Regents examinations.
- The curriculum also includes areas such as family and consumer science subjects, fine arts, music and video technology combined with a practicum, Health and allied subjects, computer instruction, physical education and an across the curriculum emphasis on writing.
- Students reaching certain levels of academic and social attainment may attend classes at the Burnt Hills-Ballston Lake High School with which the Ketchum-Grande program has a close working relationship.
|School Type||Special Education School|
|Grades Offered||Grades 8-12|
|Total Students||36 students|
|Student Body Type||All-girls|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 29%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||12 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||3:1|
National avg.: 13:1
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Albany Grades: NS-12 | 361 students
135-140 Academy Road
Albany, NY 12208
(518) 429-2300 19.6 NS-12
- Albany Grades: K-12 | 155 students
314 So Manning Blvd
Albany, NY 12208
(518) 437-5680 18.5 K-12
- Amsterdam Grades: NS-12 | 26 students
1863 County Highway 107
Amsterdam, NY 12010
(518) 843-0734 15.6 NS-12
- Fort Plain Grades: K-12 | 27 students
131 Clark Rd
Fort Plain, NY 13339
(518) 568-7606 41.7 K-12
Now that school has safely reopened, what can we parents do to support and encourage the schools we care about so much?
Sending your child to a single-sex school is one of several options you have when it comes to private schools.
This article aims to show you where to look for information about school reopening protocols, school reopening communications, schools that have closed, and schools with COVID-19 cases, among other COVID-19 related issues.