St Anne Institute
5.00 (3 reviews)
- St. Anne Institute is a not for profit organization dedicated to improving the emotional, mental and spiritual well-being of children and families throughout New York State.
- Through an extensive range of educational, therapeutic and social skills, St. Anne offers possibilities for healthier personal relationships.
- St. Anne Institute continues to devise innovative ways to reach and help the people most in need.
- We empower them to find their strengths and master their skills.
- We trust and affirm their potential and help them discover in themselves what they already are.
- Since 1887, St. Anne Institute has been helping children and families develop the confidence and skills they need to overcome crisis in their lives.
|School Type||Special Education School|
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Association of Private Special Education Centers|
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-12|
|Total Students||110 students|
|Student Body Type||All-girls|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 29%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||29 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||4:1|
National avg.: 13:1
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
I went to Saint Anne back in the late 70's, early 80's. I was a scared kid, bent on destruction. I can, in all honesty say that St. Annes saved my life! The teachers and the staff were second to none. The School itself was fantastic. I may not have had ''freedom'' but I found love within those walls. The most important lessons I ever learned in life were learned there. I even tried to go back after I got out. I always felt safe there. If you have a troubled daughter, PLEASE try to get her in Saint Anne. She may hate you for a bit but later, she will thank you!
- Posted by Student/Alumni - liz
Saint Anne was a great school. I was employed as a teacher and department chairman there for 16 years. These 16 years were the best l6 years in a career of over 40 years in all kinds of public and private schools. The teachers were great, the music and art programs were superb. I had the privilege of accompanying a group on "outdoor education" once-it was a great experience. The academic awards were such that we were told to make our presentations " brief and to the point" so we could be done in the time allotted. Great School.
- Posted by Teacher - barbe
Saint Annes is a great school. I was there in one the most diffuclt times of my life. Thy gave me the thearpy, schooling and skills to become a successful adult in the community. The school is great. I loved the one on one attention I got from the teachers and counslers. They helped me to get back on track. Without them I do not know where I would be now. I graduated in 2003 and I thank Saint Annes everyday that they were there for me. It is a great school with a great program for students and there families. I would highly reccomend it to anyone who is considering sending their teen there.
- Posted by Student/Alumni - mike0
January 08, 2018
Changes to the Tax Code in late 2017 included the addition of saving for K-12 private school education to 529 plans. We take a look at what this means for families thinking about private school for their children.
January 07, 2018
From time to time we all wonder how things might have turned out if circumstances and situations had been different. We apply that questioning to private schools.
December 27, 2017
Hundreds of private schools, and for that matter, public schools, outside the United States will be happy to have you as a teacher for a few years.